CCleaner Community Forums
BjornG

Speccy hangs on graphic

it's a long shot but worth doing if for no other reason than to cross it off the list, but have you tried uninstalling the current NVidia driver and downloading/installing the latest?

Thanks mta

That did it. I thought I had the latest, using Iobits Driver Booster, but that didn't catch the latest (18/12 -14).

Strange thou that Speccy stopped working.

Thanks

they released a new version of Speccy a little while ago, maybe it no longer recognises your video driver - just guessing there.

in my (limited) experience with those driver updater programs, I frankly rate them as nothing higher than snake oil solutions.

they either get the recommended driver wrong or just make things generally worse.

nothing beats manually checking the hardware vendors website for updates yourself.

anyway, glad you got it sorted, and a belated welcome to the forums.

in my (limited) experience with those driver updater programs, I frankly rate them as nothing higher than snake oil solutions.they either get the recommended driver wrong or just make things generally worse.
This has been my experience as well.

one of my "driver update" programs messes up my sound drivers every time it trys to update it so i have to roll back to the old driver. just a comment not a solotion.