[Solved] HBO GO issues after using CCleaner

radkoalex

Hi,

actually, this is not a program bug, but most probably I should untick some section to no be cleaned...

Here is the problem, As some of you may know, one can use HBO GO service on a limited number of devices per month.The thing is that after using CCleaner,(most probbaly I am deleting some cookies or settings..) the HBO GO service recognizes my laptop as a new device and suddenly they are blocking me till the end of the month with the reason that I have reached the maximum number of 5 new devices per month. 

I am using Mozilla, I am unticking the Firexox cookies to not be cleaned, but there is no effect.. still my laptop is recognized as a new device.

Could you please give me some advice how to solve this issue? Which sections I should untick before running the cleaner?

Thank you in advance.

• Moderators

Something to try although I don't know what type of cookies they're using - something you may wish to find out:

1. Open CCleaner.

2. In the large Cleaner button click the Applications (tab).

3. Scroll down to the Multimedia section, and untick Adobe Flash Player.

This is assuming (although I don't know) that HBO GO could possibly be using Flash cookies.

Something to try although I don't know what type of cookies they're using - something you may wish to find out:

1. Open CCleaner.

2. In the large Cleaner button click the Applications (tab).

3. Scroll down to the Multimedia section, and untick Adobe Flash Player.

This is assuming (although I don't know) that HBO GO could possibly be using Flash cookies.

Thank you for the advice. HBO GO are using Silverlight.I have unticked the  Silverlight section and added in the "cookies to keep list" the HBO GO one. Now it works.