CCleaner 5.00 not working on W8.1

I have upgraded two PC´s W8.1. One is a 64 bit version and one is a 32 bit version. The 32 bit system is not working at all (but all older CCL versions worked perfectly) for the scanning process but freeze the program completely. I have tried several times to reinstall the system without any change in behavior. The 64 bit system showed the same tendencies but after some initial struggles it suddenly start working. It seems to me that the 32 bit version has some bug problem or what???  PC SW F-secure, IE 8, Chrome,

+1 on w8.1 64-bit,cc  v5.00.5050 64-bit

cc freezes at the end of the scan (100% on progress bar). try several times to reinstall, but no success

never had a problem with any previous versions of cc on this version of windows

cc 5.00.050 ok on two other pc running w7 64-bit

last minute: i am running cc in french, and just saw in another thread that this version of cc works only in english. I have just tried, and this is TRUE

so, no problem, I will use the english version until next version of cc

Frederic

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the English 5.00 version and it works perfectly well. In the past I have always used the Swedish version.

Now I hope the SW team of CCleaner also test other language versions before issue an upgrade. Problem like this do not encourage people to buy the professional version.