"Open With" editor

Matt_

Some of my files, such as .jpg, are bloated with programs I only rarely use.

Did you mean some of your programs are bloated with files?

Oftentimes, programs use image files (such as .jpg or .png) for buttons and links within the program. If they are removed, the GUI will be goofed up. All that CCleaner is designed to remove is files which are totally unnecessary, such as logs and recent file lists. If these are needed, the program will simply recreate them. However, if you remove parts of the GUI, the app will either not work, or not display correctly. We don't want CC rendering programs useless in the name of saving a few kilobytes.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

What are you talkin' bout lokoike?

Must've misunderstood his question. I hit reply before you had posted, but I didn't understand when he said "Some of my files, such as .jpg, are bloated with programs I only rarely use."

It sounded like he meant his .jpgs (pictures) were bloated because they contained programs. :huh:

I didn't understand the first part either ("Is there any programs to remove / add entries to the "Open With" thingy ?") You don't need a program to add entries to that list. All you have to do is choose "Open With" and browse to the app you want use to open something. Then that app will be added to the list automatically. So both questions didn't really make any sense to me, because the first one doesn't require a program (other than the OS itself) and the second one just confused me, so I tried to interpret what he was saying.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I think Matt is asking about the right-click context menu > Open With

If that's the case, he just needs to use Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types to change the actions for the extensions in question. That interface is safer than editing the registry.

I think Matt is asking about the right-click context menu > Open With

If that's the case, he just needs to use Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types to change the actions for the extensions in question. That interface is safer than editing the registry.

/me hug Glenn

Thanks, that's exactly what I was searching for.