Give an option for the old GUI (this is the sole topic for requesting the old GUI)

Special

• Moderators

Let's see what we've got somewhere else...

As all users of any software are entitled to do....

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 2 weeks later...

No use debating this, it ain't going to change  back. MS has become " do it our way or go a way"

Googled a lot of stuff about win 10 and I am not keen on very much new MS policies.

Subscription for one, and whole lotta other things that don't suit my own personal preferences.

I'm not even sure if win 10 will be available as a retail DVD install version unless ya some sort of big corporation like IBM etc.

Google who MS have copied ideas from for win 10, it's not all that original. But that's how the IT game works I suppose, a game of "hierarchy" .

At best, I'll stick with the OS I got for now, and I know there are other OS's out there and may not be for all to dabble in.

Point is, CCleaner ain't gonna change back, it's obvious it's out of their control if they want to stay On due to MS policies in regards to how the Winge n Whine 10 is gonna be.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all

like many I also dislike the GUI changes these changes are in my opinion a step backwards please put the GUI back the way it was I don't know about anyone else but I don't care about fancy and flashy I'm more concerned with simplicity and usability and the latest version is not usable due to the GUI changes which causes me visual stress I can't look at it for more then a few minutes before my eyes start to hurt.

This is not a request made out of personal preference this is a request made on accessibility grounds being dyslexic part of my issue is that certain combos of colour cause me visual stress and makes life very difficult as letters blur together icons become unclear and I become unable to use the application etc as my eyes are simply unable to focus correctly and before you say it no this isn't an issue with my eye sight my eye sight is fine but it is a well documented and common problem for dyslexics and if you don't believe me look it up for your self

• 2 weeks later...

And I thought I had nothing more to say .... :ph34r:

The Metro look in Win10 (and w8 and w8.1) is not winning hearts for valid visual reasons.

MS have been beating the "Metro" drum since W8/8.1/10 ... and developers are not exactly embracing Metro either.

Metro might be suitable for phones but not for desktops and >15" laptops.

-  MS -- only with 4% of the hand device market -- they can hardly be the market leaders

-  so why is CCleaner designing their UI for 4% of the perceived market ?

When I read Windows: it's always the next version  by my reckoning about 10%, if that, embrace Metro and the flat look

-  the Windows: it's always the next version article & comments is very interesting

CCleaner is still the best program of its type ...

all I can do is grovel to the CCleaner powers-that-be to at least put some substantial borders on dialogs and windows ... white on white and spider-web borders (if at all) are very hard on the eyes and reduce my productivity

The horse is not dead yet ... keep flogging !!

Wasting my time, I am progressively migrating everything to LInux, no longer interested with MS_BS.

It's about time we all stand up to corporations, not only MS, but many cos they are the ones who pull the strings, no matter who is in politics, left, right, centre, any political party flavor of the month, the corps probably have a say what gets posted here to.

Not with the Open Source crowd, it's freedom, but then again, for how long before the corps find a way to "own" every piece of internet real-estate, ??? 

And google is a player to.

So to limit garbage in, it may help to use this as a search engine, cos I know the difference, my CCleaner has much less to clean since I stopped using  google

Try this as your search engine

https://duckduckgo.com/

• Moderators

Wasting my time, I am progressively migrating everything to LInux, no longer interested with MS_BS.

It's about time we all stand up to corporations, not only MS, but many cos they are the ones who pull the strings, no matter who is in politics, left, right, centre, any political party flavor of the month, the corps probably have a say what gets posted here to.

Not with the Open Source crowd, it's freedom, but then again, for how long before the corps find a way to "own" every piece of internet real-estate, ??? 

And google is a player to.

So to limit garbage in, it may help to use this as a search engine, cos I know the difference, my CCleaner has much less to clean since I stopped using  google

Try this as your search engine

https://duckduckgo.com/

Pete your remarks have nothing to do with the subject of the Ccleaner gui.

Try to stay calm and focused :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hi Hazelnut :)

I was not aware there is v5.09, released 4 days ago
-  for memory updating has been a "while I am here" experience

With your prompt in my "ear" downloaded CCleaner v5.09

post-67365-0-40069900-1440896573_thumb.png

What a pleasant surprise, a vast improvement :wub:
-  there will be critics because it "aint't pretty" BUT it is a step in the (IMHO) right-direction of improved visability and separation of the CCleaner window from other bland Metro themed windows.

In my experience the web has a lot of critics about appearance and themes.
-  but appearance is so very subjective and personal taste ... or lack of it.

If we can just jolly MS into fixing what is broken and ease up on the perpetual pursuit of a new appearance ... maybe I am showing my age.
I want a rock solid experience, to know that CCleaner is not darting here and there leaving users absolutely frustrated and confronted with a whole new learning curve.

I for one am very grateful that Piriform have taken steps to improve visibility of the CCleaner window, now I know where CCleaner starts and ends ...

- I still find the flat look very boring ... but we can blame MS for that. ;)

Titlebar ... borders ... some contrasts ... I am in love :D  :wub:

Thank you Piriform for the visual improvements to CCleaner. v5.9.xxx

Considering free CCleaner is FREE I believe Piriform owe us nothing, so I am pleased they have given consideration to listening to users.

IMO ranting achieves nothing. Detailed suggestions are more constructive.

Thank you Hazelnut for the tip-off :)

• Moderators

-  there will be critics because it "aint't pretty"

For me it's only the flat colorless icons which are still an eyesore, when compared to CCleaner 4x where the icons in it weren't that old before they were ditched for the Win8x look. The rest of the redesign/recoloring was a very pleasant surprise when I fired up CCleaner 5.09.

-----------

I just don't understand how Win8x and newer has inspired such boring looking GUI designs with uneven sized big ugly boxes/windows to activate different features with flat icons devoid of any color across so many software products. Thankfully some developers who also hate it are in the resistance and are resisting making their programs ugly as hell and difficult to use.

Edited by Andavari

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Yes.

And since they keep on fixing the DPI, borders, full screen, taskbar problems others have been reporting, they are obviously moving forward with the path they have chosen.

I really don't see them bringing back the old GUI or giving that option or even allowing skins - but what do I know - I'm just a user like you.

Yes.

And since they keep on fixing the DPI, borders, full screen, taskbar problems others have been reporting, they are obviously moving forward with the path they have chosen.

I really don't see them bringing back the old GUI or giving that option or even allowing skins - but what do I know - I'm just a user like you.

Well just sticking to 4.19 for now on until I try a few more cleaners then bye bye cc.

There's one I like that I also have on the mobile that's ahead but still have other options explore.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just stumbled upon this post while researching "Defraggler Slow" relating to the problems that appear to have surfaced since the release of Version 2.20. It's early in the morning, I've been up all night trying to get a PC out to my friend's grand kids, but I had to leave my 2 cents here as a comment before I hit the rack.

I agree with everyone who thinks that the new GUI draws a 46" vacuum! I cannot understand what caused the trend in recent years away from good looking, crisp, easy to use interfaces to the "new look" of fuzzy, bland pages that lack definitive borders, etc. I guess this is probably why they will pry Win 7 from my cold dead fingers since it appears that that is the last OS that supports the "classic" windows view with sharp borders and good usage of available real estate. As an old school engineer, my philosophy has always been: IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT! My gut feeling is that every time the people who have put blood, sweat and tears into developing a product move up or out, some young wet-behind-the-ear interns come in with unrealistic, impractical ideas that they want to implement just to get their name on it. The best example I can give to illustrate this is the degression that occurred after the good old file manager Winfile.exe was replaced by "Explorer" which has subsequently taken a big step backwards with every subsequent OS release using it since 1995. Luckily, one guy has resurrected Winfile and kept it up to date thru Win 10, but I'm just using this as an example.

Enough said. Sad to say, I believe that the industry refuses to actually get out of their little cubicles and go out in the field and talk to the troops in the trenches who actually use their products, hoping that what they use will increase their productivity. Marketing says: "Make it easy for Sally the Secretary to use." Unfortunately, Sally doesn't use products like Defraggler, CCleaner, Speccy, etc.; they are used by those of us who fix and maintain Sally's equipment.

Silverstone SST-TJ06-B Case, Corsair HX750 P/S, XP Pro SP3, KIS2016
Intel D925XECV2 MB w P4 560J (3.6Ghz), 4GB Crucial DDR2 PC2-5300 Ram
3 x 750 MB HDs, Teac FD-235HF Floppy, 2 Plextor PX-716SA DVD's (SATA)
ATI Radeon X1800XT (512Mb 256-bit GDDR3), 2 Dell 2405FPW 24" 1920x1200 LCDs
2 Dell AS500 14W Soundbars, configured to give L, C & R Audio Channels
Adaptec AHA-2930CU PCI Ultra SCSI Ctrlr, HP4C SCSI Scanner (NOT Chinese)

I personally quit using CCleaner to clean clients systems as it no longer looks professional but looks like something an 8 year old drew up on paper. Heck probably is.  I also wear glasses and this awful awful GUI makes it an eye strain to try to look at.  Gave up on it.

• 7 months later...

I guess those of us who still like the old GUI are deplorable people . . .

Silverstone SST-TJ06-B Case, Corsair HX750 P/S, XP Pro SP3, KIS2016
Intel D925XECV2 MB w P4 560J (3.6Ghz), 4GB Crucial DDR2 PC2-5300 Ram
3 x 750 MB HDs, Teac FD-235HF Floppy, 2 Plextor PX-716SA DVD's (SATA)
ATI Radeon X1800XT (512Mb 256-bit GDDR3), 2 Dell 2405FPW 24" 1920x1200 LCDs
2 Dell AS500 14W Soundbars, configured to give L, C & R Audio Channels
Adaptec AHA-2930CU PCI Ultra SCSI Ctrlr, HP4C SCSI Scanner (NOT Chinese)

• 4 months later...

.... My comments can be found on a topic I started...

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=43187

ps: I never got a email that my topic even got a reply.. so lol I am only noticing now... :rolleyes:

(PC Specs)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO   RAM: 32GB, 2x G.Skill 16GB DDR4
GPU: EVGA/nVidia RTX 3070 Ti 8GB    GFX Drivers: Nvidia v551.76

• Moderators

I'll close this thread.

I think it has ran its course and can't see any benefit in having it open.