Give an option for the old GUI (this is the sole topic for requesting the old GUI)

Special

• 2 weeks later...
Please! At least give an option to use the old skin..

that would be really nice :-) but before January is anything anyway as I have read

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Just installed V. 5.01 for the very first time just to get firefox 34 cleaning improvements.

I was using V. 4.17 before.

Wow---major GUI difference.But really not as bad as I`d thought it would be.Just went in and turned off all the active monitoring stuff since I don`t want another program taking resources in task manager,and I don`t need active monitoring since I clean manually 3 times daily.

Would be nice if they offered a GUI option.It is tougher on the eyes with it`s brightness.

Seems many programs are doing the Windows 8-8.1 metro look thing now, even though most don`t want/like it.

I wanted to resize the GUI to a smaller size by doing the pointer on borders thing,but it won`t resize like 4.17 did.

Anyway to resize it?

• Moderators
I downloaded the portable version to see if 5.01.5075 made any GUI improvements and it still looks the same.  I guess they don't want to hear from us since they locked the other thread.

We, the moderators - who are volunteering users and not in any sort of physical or business contact with the development team - are the ones who locked the previous thread. This was done on our own with zero prompting from the Piriform team. We did it because the thread had run its course and not because piriform didn't want to hear it.

I specifically did not activate the locking of the thread; my choice,not to, was based on the fact that I didn't want to hear about "haters of new gui" anymore, and didn't want my personal feeling to effect the conversation. On their own another moderator suggested closing it as no new information was being imparted and it was becoming and flame war. We all agreed as a group that is here to keep the forum on track.

I took a screenshot today (but lost it) comparing 5 and 4.18. They both seemed to me to be perfectly readable (and the font looked exactly the same in both) Granted I was looking at it in win 8.1but, to those still on XP or vista or 7, windows has moved on from tablet/notebook killing skeuomorphic design , not only that but nearly every major GUI development (apple, android) have chosen the same direction. I have to agree with twistedmetal's assessment that version 3 of ccleaner also had a gui push-back, but I personally feel some of these GUI hating threads contain some posters who are being melodramatic about it.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

they locked the other thread.

The "other" topic was about the BETA release which is no longer supported.

Since there's various other topics about the 5.x GUI it is in no way blocking anyone from having their say about the GUI design in 5.x since after all without user feedback (positive and/or negative) Piriform wouldn't know if they're going in the right direction.

Granted I was looking at it in win 8.1but, to those still on XP or vista or 7, windows has moved on from tablet/notebook killing skeuomorphic design , not only that but nearly every major GUI development (apple, android) have chosen the same direction. I have to agree with twistedmetal's assessment that version 3 of ccleaner also had a gui push-back, but I personally feel some of these GUI hating threads contain some posters who are being melodramatic about it.

Ok, a valid point, I am still on XP and have no intentions of moving on 

My finger is on the button though to go to Linux if Win 10 MS does not lift their game.

• Moderators

Note: linux is a general term for the backend kernel of a os, the are many gui and cli flavors and iirc many are also going chromeless

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Just installed V. 5.01 for the very first time just to get firefox 34 cleaning improvements.

I was using V. 4.17 before.

Wow---major GUI difference.But really not as bad as I`d thought it would be.Just went in and turned off all the active monitoring stuff since I don`t want another program taking resources in task manager,and I don`t need active monitoring since I clean manually 3 times daily.

Would be nice if they offered a GUI option.It is tougher on the eyes with it`s brightness.

Seems many programs are doing the Windows 8-8.1 metro look thing now, even though most don`t want/like it.

I wanted to resize the GUI to a smaller size by doing the pointer on borders thing,but it won`t resize like 4.17 did.

Anyway to resize it?

it goes with me, i just dont know if it goes through just-so small the new look probably a little bigger

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

I've rarely posted on here & CCleaner is without doubt the best cleaner there is, no doubt about that - I have no intention of reverting to an earlier version but the white background around the tick boxes does make it a little hard to see, maybe a little tweaking of the new GUI will sort most peoples problems with the new look but I can live with it as it is - Thanks for a great product BTW. ... Paul

Granted I was looking at it in win 8.1but, to those still on XP or vista or 7, windows has moved on from tablet/notebook killing skeuomorphic design , not only that but nearly every major GUI development (apple, android) have chosen the same direction. I have to agree with twistedmetal's assessment that version 3 of ccleaner also had a gui push-back, but I personally feel some of these GUI hating threads contain some posters who are being melodramatic about it.
Considering there are far more Windows 7 users out there than there are Windows 8, I disagree. The current GUI needs work, big time. Not necessarily going back to 4.18, but not the dramatic eyesore that's currently there right now. That white bar on the top is hideous and the whole dumbing-down tinker-toy look leaves a lot to be desired.These are ligitimate complaints I read here, not mass hysteria.

My finger is on the button though to go to Linux if Win 10 MS does not lift their game.
[Moderated for non-piriform product promotion DO NOT EDIT]

Too bad about the censorship around here.  I maybe shouldn't have posted a link (and I have no vested interest in them) but you didn't need to censor the rest.

Oh and Linux is beyond being called just a kernel anymore.  Seems I'm not the only one behind the times.

• Moderators

The product mentioned has a PC version. This is an official company website and I was following a long held set-in-stone forum rule about competitive software. I only censored the section talking about it, to insinuate otherwise is an unfounded insult.

The defining component of Linux is the Linux kernel,an operating system kernel first released on 5 October 1991 by Linus Torvalds. Free Software Foundation uses the name GNU/Linux to describe the operating system, which has led to some controversy.
From Wikipedia. I'm not going to get into an argument with you about it, because my point was to say that one "is going to switch to linux" over a GUI issue is a monomer and that most linux-flavored-OS are either de-chroming or never went chrome in the first place because, when Windows went areo many ran to Chromeless Linux based systems

The product mentioned has a PC version. This is an official company website and I was following a long held set-in-stone forum rule about competitive software. I only censored the section talking about it, to insinuate otherwise is an unfounded insult.

I've mentioned it elsewhere in these forums (without the link) and there didn't seem to be any problem. 

And?

I'm not going to get into an argument with you about it, because my point was to say that one "is going to switch to linux" over a GUI issue is a monomer and that most linux-flavored-OS are either de-chroming or never went chrome in the first place because, when Windows went areo many ran to Chromeless Linux based systems

CCleaner is a Windows/Mac only program.  There's no Linux equlivent for it, except for that program (who's name you censored eariler) which has a palatable GUI for many people out there.  It seems to look fine no matter what OS it's on.  It also handles DOM storage cleaning for Firefox and Chrome in a way that CCleaner doesn't.  That can also be important, so I don't know why piriform is dragging it's feet on that particular issue instead of FUBARing with the GUI.

That's the kind of under-the-hood change is what I would welcome and I know they can do it.

• 2 weeks later...

huuuuuughhh.

sorry, just threw up.

This new GUI is ugly ugly ugly. Did you not even look at your new release? Did you just get the same child that did Windows10 (v8.2) to attempt the GUI.

Its incredible and amazing that a big player like MS has released the most obnoxious and ugly OS interface in the history of bad ideas - but for you to copy ?!?!?!?! It just boggles the mind. How could anyone think the new GUI is better than the old one????

Maybe as sales drop you'll realise that "new and changed" does not always mean better.

huuuugh, I looked at it again.

:o  :angry:  :(

Just upgrade to 5.01, I about puked when I saw it.   It could not look worse if you guys tried for the worse look possible.

please give us a GUI option for the old look back.   I run Win7, I hate anything that looks like Win8.

I'm downgrading until this is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed the latest version on a backup hard drive I was setting up for emergency use. I agree the new look is not as nice as the old one, but the worst part is the box is frakking HUGE!

Please make the box more shrinkable like the old one was. I do not like having CCleaner taking up half my screen for no reason. Until then, I'll just stick with the old v4.12.xxxx that I'm perfectly happy with.

• Moderators

It's not a feedback forum, It's a users forum. the developers only ever ask for more information on bugs or to place announcement

• Moderators

They do seem to be missing a golden opportunity to connect with their users.

Same as their Facebook page, no input from the company except to make announcements.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

My post got locked for no reason.

It was a moderation decision to close your rude topic (rude title that is) which contained sentiments which have already been expressed by others so no re-hash with a new topic is needed nor should it be tolerated anymore!

It was a moderation decision to close your rude topic (rude title that is) which contained sentiments which have already been expressed by others so no re-hash with a new topic is needed nor should it be tolerated anymore!

Rude title? Since when is "sucks" a rude word?