CCleaner v5.00.5050 looks like ****

Special

I think you should stay away from using terms like "the masses." CCleaner 5.0 has not been universally condemned; instead we're seeing a vocal minority dominate a discussion under the assumption that they represent the majority.

There have been over one billion downloads of CCleaner since version 1.16.082, which equates roughly to 7.1 million downloads per release for 140-odd releases. A quick tally of the number of people complaining about the UI on this forum and on the release announcement (for the beta and stable versions) on Facebook gives approximately 350 disgruntled users.

The number of people in "the masses" who are audibly upset about the redesign: 0.005%.

Hating this redesign is not a majority opinion. The minority just thinks it is. In psychology, that's called a false consensus. In philosophy; an epistemic closure. In reality; a handful of whinging people who believe their opinion is more important than 99.995% of others.

Just because the majority is silent, doesn't mean that they all like the new Metro UI. It just means that they didn't share their opinion here.

Personally, I wouldn't post here if I didn't read your post because I saw enough people have already suggested the same thing I would like to suggest:

Please, give us the option to deactivate the custom theme and use the theme of our OS!

I thought it would be just waste of time of those who read this topic, to post the same thing as all the others before me.

You wouldn't want 7 million users to post here 7 million posts, do you?

"Which really confirms the impression that Piriform has complete disregard for its customers."

CCleaner free is fully functional except in regard to the monitoring stuff. 

I really don't understand the heat level generated by the new GUI.  Obviously some folks don't like it, but why the hyperbole? 

Just use an older version. 

If you're a paying customer, try an older version with your license key.  (Out on a limb here, never tried that myself.)

Edit:  no offense meant to any individual, group, just sayin' . . .

So you think 2959 posts gives you the right to be patronising and offensive ?

I am a paying customer and for your information the licence key did work when I went back to the old version.

My last word on this issue and I will not be renewing, Piriform won't go bust, but at least I won't feel as though someone is pissing all over me.

Don't think it'll make a difference but here's another vote against the new look. Just the fact that it's made so many long-time users (like me) actually sign up here to speak out against it shows how badly it's been received, and I know everyone else who uses it (thanks to me) dislikes it too but perhaps aren't motivated enough to register and post here. Ugh, between this and the new DeviantArt cactus/not equals logo fiasco, seems like all the things I like are slowly going down the drain in terms of design if not functionality. :(

• Moderators

So you think 2959 posts gives you the right to be patronising and offensive ?

I am a paying customer and for your information the licence key did work when I went back to the old version.

My last word on this issue and I will not be renewing, Piriform won't go bust, but at least I won't feel as though someone is pissing all over me.

I do not see anything in login123's post that was patronizing or offensive.

This thread is now decending into territory it was never meant to go into. After 4 pages it is plain to see that the new GUI has attracted many negative comments, and so on that note I will now close this thread.

Thanks everyone for your comments, good and bad, which I know Piriform are aware of.

Let's see what happens next.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com