Support for Maxthon Browser

swarfega

I would like to see support for Maxthon added to ccleaner.

Maxthon (officially called Maxthon Cloud Browser, originally known as MyIE2) is a freeware web browser for Windows, OS X and Linux that is developed in China by the company Maxthon Ltd. It is also available on Windows Phone 8, iOS and Android platforms as Maxthon Mobile. Since the release of version 3, Maxthon supports both the Trident and the WebKit rendering engines.

Maxthon won CNET WebWare 100 Awards in 2008 and 2009, and was #97 in PCWorld’s list of the 100 Best Products of 2011.
anim.gif

Maybe but I don't see it listed on the applications tab. I'd like to see the same level of support it gives mainstream browsers, namely internet cache, internet history, cookies, download history, sesson, etc in its own entry.

anim.gif

• Moderators

If it uses Internet Explorer's engine that's probably where it will be cleaned under the Internet Explorer cleaners. It's that way with most browsers for instance Chrome/Chromium-based browsers such as Comodo Dragon, etc., will be cleaned using the Google Chrome cleaners.

• 9 months later...

I was opening a new topic when I found this, well, seems ccleaner do not have a Maxthon support

they write maxthon support but I can't figure it

luckily Maxthon can be set to clear all its temp data at exit, well, I tried to disable the clear at exit maxthon feature but ccleaner do not clean its temp data, I analized with ccleaner after maxthon use and it found absolutely nothing about Maxthon/IE

I really do not know which Maxthon temp files ccleaner cleans

• Moderators

Yes ccleaner cleans maxthon by the section relating to its parent browser.

Back in 2014 it was based on internet explorer; whether this is still the case I do not know.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com