CCleaner 5.0 beta GUI

TheAslan

• Moderators

[OPINION]themes make for extremely and unnecessarily bulky programs [/OPINON]

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I usually dont even bother creating accounts to post comments but I just created this acct to say that I love Ccleaner and HATE HATE HATE the new UI color scheme. Its completely anti 2014/2015.

It belongs in a child's coloring book or something.

Please make it optional rather than having us take the UI vs not use your wonderful software.

Thank you.

The new GUI may look good on windows 8 perhaps, because Windows 8 looks like crap :P . Please let us have the option of choosing between the two GUI interfaces.  :)  I'm sticking with version 4.19.4867 until they change it. If anyone needs the 4.19.4867 installer I'll upload it for you.

• Moderators

the 4.19.4867 installer I'll upload it for you.
No need for that (it also breaks licensing) official old versions are downloadable at filehippo

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I would suggest an option 3) the user has the choice to find another piece of software to perform the same function.

In other words, don't complain folks.  Just keep your mouth shut and pretend it never happened.

Don't think so...

No need for that (it also breaks licensing) official old versions are downloadable at filehippo

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll be sure to turn the auto-updater off for now. 

I'm not necessarily saying go back to the old GUI (I know it needs to be modernized) but the one that's here for now needs some work, big time. Especially that hideous white bar at the top.  And add some more color overall to it.  Maybe even some 3-D effects.

I'm no fan of the PlaySkool Tile World look, but forget the aesthetics for the moment. The fact is that with the new GUI, it's very hard to tell what you're looking at. Things are pale, and tend to vanish. It's difficult to determine where the focus is - focus on the tabs, for example, seems to be the reverse of what the colors would indicate. In short, the new GUI is less usable.

I'm not going to threaten to take my marbles and go home - CCleaner is still a tool that every user should have. But this redesign was misguided, and unnecessary. A step down.

You really should offer two different GUI versions to download, one for Windows 7 and one for Windows 8.

Example: (Or)

If you run CCleaner on Windows 7 it should ask if you would like to enable Windows 8 mode or keep the Windows 7 mode. (Mode means the new GUI).

judgesb.gif

Until then: back to version 4 !

Today I've updated my current version 4.19.4867  to 5.00.5050 and was quite shocked about this new GUI:

is it really necessary to always follow Microsoft? Immediately I've it de-installed and did return to the former one which I'll keep until the programmers may offer a different GUI for Win 7 as like suggested by "TheAslan".

UGLY !  It was proven that Microsoft did wrong with Windows 8 so why in hell did you guys decided : Hey lets do exactly as they did !  I open an account just to write my comment about the new look!!  :unsure:   I will keep version 4.XXX in all my PC's until u guys remove that ugly Windows 8 look! Hell if you want a better idea why don't you make a Windows Me version as well.  <_<

I just registered on this forum, solely to complain about the new GUI. I have used CCleaner for years, so why the sudden "new look" I do not understand. Appears to be change for change's sake. A disease no doubt contracted from Microsoft.

The new GUI is harder to read, looks butt-ugly in Windows-7. It will look just as bad in the new Windows 10.

The "washed-out" look, flat icons, smaller(?) font, fainter boxes and bright-white title-bar all make it much, much harder on the eyes. Maybe a hi-res thing? (1920x1080), or maybe an age thing (65yrs - Hey Piriform, the population is aging!).

Please - either revert, or provide a "classic skin" option.

I've been using Piriform CCleaner for years and years.  I just got 5.5050 (free) i wouldnt pay for this ever. I would pay to have it removed. It is hard to see, the interface is terrible (I use Windows7 Professional x64) in each of my computers with one version of Ultimate of 4 windows based computers i built here. I never went to windows8 and never will. I am testing the Windows 10 Tech preview and am at the most current build but no CCleaner there

I have only one comment to make about this great product: it is ugly , but, worse, it doesnt seem to show up properly , render properly maybe?  I use 1080p resolution on each of my 8 monitors. Each is either a Samsung or LG. and I dont think the interface is rendering colors, text or design of this properly on any of my monitors-or it is just not well done.

I have read the promotions and there are claims that many months went into this gui. but i dont "see" it in any sense of the word.

I liked the old , most recent, version look just fine and it did what it should have done and well, quickly and easy to read.

this one does not accomplish the most important task, ease of visibility: i read through the cleaner files to make sure something i want isnt being disgarded by accident.  that can mean scrolling down a long, or fairly long list of temp files, etc. Even the registry items, not very many as a rule, are hard to see now. I do not want to change my system font just so i can read ccleaner. nothing else has the trouble

Just my 2¢ , a long time user.

The theme is nice !

BUT the white title bar (Windows 7 & 8) is just ugly... And the right margin for close button is just horrible. I now have to aim with cursor to close CCleaner... (don't laugh, I don't like wasting time with these details, ergonomics is vital for me when using a computer)

Please Piriform give us the old title bar (not the old skin) ! :)

Like others I have just registered so I can have my say on the v5.00.5050 windows 8 look GUI.

On windows 7 IT LOOKS TERIBLE and looks almost like a throw back when computers had a monochrome screen.

Why copy Microsoft's design faults of windows 8 that business as a whole has not liked and has cost Microsoft so much in lost sales.

CCleaner v5 GUI is pitiful.

I will be going back to v4 it works for me.

Eno

I have to agree with all above comments....I swapped my beloved v4 today for the new v5....Eeeeewwww   :o When it 1st loaded, I honestly thought that something had gone wrong with the upload or it was in some way corrupted...

Then I realised that it was actually MEANT to look that way.....Why Puriform!!   :unsure: ....It is very hard on the eyes....Whatever happened to making the experience of using your awesome (not visually) product a joy????  NOT....PLEASE, PLEASE....Change it back to the way it was + make it a pleasure again.... :rolleyes:

I just updated to version 5.0 and I really hate the new GUI.

On windows 7 it looks like [Moderator Edit] and on windows 8 it looks even worse.

we really need an option to go back to the v4 GUI.

just add it to settings.

Had to become a member to say that the GUI is UGLY!  Please add an option for a skin so we can have the more tangible look we have seen for so many years.

Windows 7 is not going any where for a very long time, ask corporations and the general masses who listen to their PC Gurus.  CCleaner looks awful on Windows 7.

Please give us an option to make it nice again. :D

"better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

FYI, I use Windows 8.1 Pro.

v5.00.5050 (25 Nov 2014)

- New improved GUI.

Um, yeah... this is not an improvement.

I don't like the custom title bar. Why not just use systems colors and system buttons?

If CCleaner is maximized, you cannot get to the auto-hidden taskbar anymore.

Overall the graphics quality is poor. I use a higher DPI setting (125% on a 23.7" monitor with full HD resolution) and all the icons and even checkboxes look very poor. Most software developers know how to handle this by now, Piriform does not.

Please address the above issues, I'll be using version 4 in the mean time.

Here's a comparison of the GUI concerning DPI scaling:

post-9931-0-35428100-1417364687_thumb.jpg post-9931-0-11979900-1417364696_thumb.jpg

As you can see, there are some minor scaling issues in the old GUI, especially with the smallest icons, like System and at the top left. But the rest and for example the check boxes look perfect. Then take a look at the new GUI and the graphics look awful, it's just the text that looks okay.

How can anyone call that an improvement?

• Moderators

Here's a comparison of the GUI concerning DPI scaling:

I never had a scaling problem with previous or the current version on XP though, so perhaps the scaling issues being reported by you and others are with newer Windows OSes.