zone alarm security suite

if you are a user that leaves the computer on for a long time and/or have 512MB or less RAM, then dont get it. the TrueVector's memory usage went up to 120MB on my comp one time. then windows started complaining about starting to use Virtual Memory. this happened because it leaks memory

also i've had issues with the newest firewall. the truevector service keeps crashing and when it does, all internet access is denied. it can happen at any time and is very annoying.

also if your "IP"(i think you might mean ISP) gives it to you for free for 1 year, you're gonna have to pay for it if you wanna use it the next year.

• Moderators

For those that can use the ZoneAlarm firewall with no issues I'd say they're lucky. I've dealt with it on multiple occasions causing my connection to fail hence the reason I no longer use it. If the suite is the one with the antivirus I believe it may actually be eTrust EZAV, which you can get a free 1-year fully functional trial of here. I'd personally choose a different firewall altogether.

i say that a hardware firewall is the best kind but since i can't get one right now, i have to use Sygate because the other good firewalls fail me.

ZoneAlarm gives me the problems that i mentioned in my other post and Kerio firewall must have a blocker for p2p stuff because it somehow blocks DHT and DC++'s Search function. since i can't find another good and free firewall, that's what im stuck with

I spent $60 on a hardware firewall, and I think it was worth it. It will also come in hand if you network (as I do).

I personally never found a software firewall that I liked.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I have used zonealarm since about 2000/2001 and never had too many problems with it, especially in recent releases.

Even now that I have a hardware firewall, I have zonealarm as my first line of defence in outbound connections, because i like to know what is trying to leave my computer.

if you are a user that leaves the computer on for a long time and/or have 512MB or less RAM, then dont get it. the TrueVector's memory usage went up to 120MB on my comp one time. then windows started complaining about starting to use Virtual Memory. this happened because it leaks memory

also i've had issues with the newest firewall. the truevector service keeps crashing and when it does, all internet access is denied. it can happen at any time and is very annoying.

also if your "IP"(i think you might mean ISP) gives it to you for free for 1 year, you're gonna have to pay for it if you wanna use it the next year.

IP= Internet Provider (i deleted the service :rolleyes: )

its free for as long as i stay with my provider.