Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

MS recommends you have them both.

i didn't now that... I thought that there will be conflicts but it sems that im wrong... Is this really safe? To run v1.1 and v2.0 in same time? I use v2.0 but really i dont need it... but for mu friends...

i didn't now that... I thought that there will be conflicts but it sems that im wrong... Is this really safe? To run v1.1 and v2.0 in same time? I use v2.0 but really i dont need it... but for mu friends...

It isn't really a matter of running them both; it is just having them both. They are just libraries of functions that apps can use. As weird as it seems, it would appear that the functions in v1.1 are not included in v2.0. I could be wrong about that, but why else would MS want you to have both?

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

It isn't really a matter of running them both; it is just having them both. They are just libraries of functions that apps can use. As weird as it seems, it would appear that the functions in v1.1 are not included in v2.0. I could be wrong about that, but why else would MS want you to have both?

You're probably right. If v1.1 functions were included in 2.0 then you wouldn't be prompted to install v1.1.

:D

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

Both are actually needed since some programs that require 1.1 won't work without it installed.

I found out the hardway being a dial-up user, I uninstalled 1.1 before I installed 2.0 thinking I didn't need 1.1 anymore only to find out that some of my .NET programs wouldn't run therefore I had to download the .NET 23.1 MB setup file and the .NET 10.2 MB service pack 1 setup file - only to find out the very next day that an application I already had on a commercial CD already had both setup files on it. Duh..!