Xbox One

rridgely

• Moderators

I haven't bought any next gen consoles yet. So far I've only seen YouTube videos with graphics comparisons between current gen and next gen when featuring the same games running on both.

Some of the games that will be coming out (on PS4 at least) such as new sim racing games that will put Gran Turismo to shame will probably warrant a purchase from me.

• Moderators

I had no plan to get a xbox one at all. Then I saw that I could get one for pretty cheap if I traded in the spare xbox 360 I had.

If I had to pick between the one and the ps4 I would probably pick the 4 just cause I think it will have better games in the long run. However I still think xbox has the better online system/system software. Neither is perfect though. 

• Moderators

The Xbox 360 sure did have a long life before being replaced! But both it and the PS3 suffer graphics wise compared to a Win7 machine built primarily for gaming but I don't like PC gaming since there's too much fiddling with settings, etc., whereas on the consoles it just works.

• Moderators

I've found that with managing my games with steam there is very little fiddling with settings. I use an Xbox 360 controller to play pc games on my big screen. I still buy consoles for their exclusive games and to play with my friends online. For single player games I have been waiting for them to get cheap on pc as you can get 1 year old games for $10 to $15 during sales.

I have a decent gaming pc but even then with most games the difference is hard to spot visually sometimes. The games will often run at smoother frame rates which is nice but my biggest incentive is the cheaper cost of the games.

• Moderators

Ok, well I've been playing with the x1 for a few days. Sunset Overdrive is a pretty cool game.

This system is buggy as hell though. I have had it crash on me quite a few times in the few days I've had it. Mostly when installing games/demos from the online store. 

On the plus side MS gave me a "surprise" game in an email. It was one of the launch games called ryse. I haven't downloaded it yet but the reviews say its pretty but a dumb game. Still not bad to get a console, 2 games, for $250 with a old 360 trade in. I'm happy I got it but if I had to choose between the x1 and my ps4, I would have to go with the ps4.