Applications Tab

nod32

Hi everyone,

The thing Im wondering about is why on my computer CCleaner never finds anything to clean under the applications tab. Im wondering if something's not right. Its been like this ever since I first started using it, but I just now got around to asking.

Any help would be great

Thanks

By "never finds anything to clean under the applications tab", do you mean that no applications are listed? Or do you mean that apps are listed (and their corresponding boxes checked), but nothing is listed in the "Details of files deleted" section that has to do with your apps?

If no apps are listed at all under the applications tab, then apparently you don't have any programs supported by CCleaner installed on your computer. But even if this is the case, the items under the Windows section (MS Paint, MS Wordpad, etc.) should still be listed.

If you do have apps installed that are supported and listed by CCleaner, but it never seems like anything relating to them is cleaned, they are probably being cleaned, and not being listed. I just tested this by cleaning my recent files list in Wordpad. After running CCleaner, they were removed, but their removal was not listed in the "Details of files deleted" section.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Sorry I didn't make it clear enough

All my programs are listed and they are all checked. But when I press clean nothing comes up. I guess theres just nothing to clean.

Thanks

I see. In my third paragraph, I tried to explain that (sorry if I didn't make it very clear either). You see, when CCleaner cleans out an application, it doesn't always list that it cleaned the app, even though it did. You can test this out with Wordpad by doing this:

1. Run CCleaner (with the MS Wordpad box checked). This will clean out all of your junk, so that, if you immediately run CCleaner again, it will find nothing.

2. Now, open up Wordpad and open a couple files with it, just to add them to the 'recently opened files' list. You can close Wordpad, and open it again, and those files will still be listed.

3. Next close Wordpad, and then Run CCleaner. You will notice that nothing pertaining to Wordpad is listed in CCleaner, so it looks as if nothing has been cleaned. But...

4. If you open up Wordpad, now that you have run CCleaner, those recent files are no longer there. Wordpad has been cleaned by CCleaner, even though it appeared that CCleaner did nothing.

So perhaps your apps are being cleaned, but CCleaner is simply not logging it.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!