A-squared

perkin

• Moderators

I wouldn't know diddly about A-Squared since when I registered to get the download some months ago the webform bitched about me having an Opera email account, therefore if they want to be snottie - to hell with their app.

I've been using A? for a long time, it does seem to take a while, and it hasn't found anything in over a year.

It could be because I don't have anything, but I'd really like to try Ewido.

-----------------

Edit to add: I tried the Ewidow micro scan, downloaded it, ran it, it downloaded the definitions and scanned. I'm either doing something wrong, or I have no malware.

I've been using A? for a long time, it does seem to take a while, and it hasn't found anything in over a year.

It could be because I don't have anything, but I'd really like to try Ewido.

-----------------

I can only speak as I find! I do have to manually update A2 every day,but it has now and then found malware and spyware not picked up by other apps. Like you of course,I can go for ages without any problems at all,but it pays to be vigilant I reckon! Incidentally,I`ve not had much luck with Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta at finding anything as yet over a simliar period-anybody find it useful?

I tried Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta for a few months and it never found anything. Then I encountered some sort of software conflict and I uninstalled it. But if it helps, then by all means keep it. Better safe than sorry.

Some might say that I overkill, but I have A?, A? HiJack Free, Adaware, Spybot S&D, HiHack This, SpywareBalster, and SpywareGaurd. And that's just for the spyware, I'm running AVG for antivirus and an old version of Zone Alarm.