reinstall a hot fix

capt

Need to reinstall a hot fix. I checked the CCleaner box and removed the uninstallers from the hot fixes. KB902400 is intertwined with some of my programs and a Audit program tells me it needs to be reinstalls. On windows XP how do I go about it?

The hot fix should still be there. CCleaner should have simply deleted the Uninstaller and the audit is detecting the absence of the Uninstaller. The simplest solution would be to get the audit program to ignore it.

I don't know if Windows will let you re-install an existing update (it may be using a different criterion for determining if a hot fix is already installed), but KB902400 is available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

I don't know if Windows will let you re-install an existing update (it may be using a different criterion for determining if a hot fix is already installed), but KB902400 is available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Can you delete the update key, and then reinstall?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Can you delete the update key, and then reinstall?

I am trying to delete the Hot Fix but with out the uninstaller for this file windows won?t allow a uninstall.

Before I used Cclean,

The hot fix KB902400 would corrupt and give me problems. It is used by a Pinnacle video program and a few others, I had problems with it before when I would delete large video files of my hard drive. But I would just delete the hotfix and reinstall.

Just go to this site, and download the fix you need.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Just go to this site, and download the fix you need.

I think capt already knows where to get the patch. The problem appears to be that he can't uninstall the corrupt copy because the Uninstaller is gone.

capt - Did you try just running the patch to see if it would install over the corrupt copy?

I think capt already knows where to get the patch. The problem appears to be that he can't uninstall the corrupt copy because the Uninstaller is gone.

capt - Did you try just running the patch to see if it would install over the corrupt copy?

I assumed that the patch came with the uninstaller. Why wouldn't it? I will test it out now, but I'm pretty sure it does.

Also, reinstalling the patch should overwrite all of the files, including the corrupt files, which gets rid of the necessity for an uninstaller in the first place. :)

EDIT: Okay, just tested it out, and yes, it does indeed reinstall the update and give you an uninstaller for it as well.

ding, ding!

I assumed that the patch came with the uninstaller. Why wouldn't it? I will test it out now, but I'm pretty sure it does.

Also, reinstalling the patch should overwrite all of the files, including the corrupt files, which gets rid of the necessity for an uninstaller in the first place. :)

EDIT: Okay, just tested it out, and yes, it does indeed reinstall the update and give you an uninstaller for it as well.

That looks like the answer (the Patch). I did a ?system restore? and corrected the problem. Your answer is the best; it took a little time to redo any changes in my system for the last few days. I added the patch to My Favorites. Thank you.

No problem. Glad it helped! :)

ding, ding!