BitDefender Questions Quality of Microsoft's Security Solutions as Leading Antivirus Solutions are Detected as Spyware

chiawaikian

Microsoft Corporation is expected to publicly unveil its OneCare Live security subscription suite this summer, offering it to the consumer market for $50, or as embedded software with newer versions of its other software solutions. While Microsoft is clearly the world's largest software solutions provider, over the years its software has experienced inefficiencies and bugs. BitDefender believes this has cost businesses and consumers millions - if not billions of dollars in lost productivity.

Microsoft's current security solutions have recently detected antivirus software from vendors including Symantec and BitDefender as spyware (see: http://tinyurl.com/dhzzd).

"Microsoft fixed this problem with us in about a week. It's part of Microsoft flexing its muscles and displaying its tactics in the lucrative security market," commented Mihai Radu, BitDefender's worldwide communications manager. "In the antivirus industry, the best reaction time is from two to 10 hours. Do you actually believe that Microsoft will succeed in updating its products in two hours?"

"Consumers who really care about security will want more than what Microsoft will offer. BitDefender offers the possibility for consumers to choose their level of protection, and how they wish to be protected. We believe it's important to give users these options. BitDefender has already succeeded in taking market share from other industry-leading, monolithic, heavily entrenched companies and has become one of the preferred security brands in Europe. We don't have anything to lose from Microsoft," added Radu.

Source: http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...184&newsLang=en

• Moderators

I tried Windows OneCare Live for all but perhaps 30 minutes until I made a hastly decision that it wasn't exactly up to par, the firewall had open ports, the av was a pain in the ass to use, it all seemed like a security app from years past, e.g; already outdated.

Microsoft never was a fan of competition.

I think Norton Antivirus sucks, but I dont think that it is fair/right that Microsoft mark it as spyware unless that is what it is, which as far as I know, isn't the case.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

..."Do you actually believe that Microsoft will succeed in updating its products in two hours?"

Heh, no. :lol:

And what do you know, calling its competitors "spyware". What better way to beat the competition than to deceive the consumer? Those brilliant minds at MS...

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Yeah, spyware is the new online-word for terrorism. :D

Anything that Bush thinks is bad, he say its terrorism. So he have excuse to pass new laws that allow wiretapping on citizens without court order, etc.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

i didn't try Live Care because it's not suported for mu country! And i'm not sure why didn't they use RAW engine for their AV... Very stupid move! They have Giant corp and RAW (both are great firms) but still they made very poor security solution...

Yeah, spyware is the new online-word for terrorism. :D

I'm rollin'. That's hilarious. :lol:

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)