dvd rootkits

hazelnut

• Moderators

Anyone wanting to watch certain dvd's may need to be careful, one guy off Wilders forum had trouble with his computer after watching one, ( although it wasn't the dvd below.)

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/ar...6.html#00000810

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Great! Now even watching a DVD is a security threat! Damnit Sony! :angry:

A bit off the topic, but I noticed one of the topics in Mr. Gates' presentation that you gave a link to, hazelnut:

Bill's presentation focused on four things that we need: trust ecosystem, engineering for security, simplicity and fundementally secure platforms.

Ah, so Trustworthy Computing is something we need now, eh? I'd be interested in seeing what William thinks we don't need.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

Ah, so Trustworthy Computing is something we need now, eh? I'd be interested in seeing what William thinks we don't need.

I don't need another OS from ole' Billy boy, and as far as I'm concerned Vista is already going into the s**t bucket because I won't be getting it nor any other MS developed OS.

I don't need another OS from ole' Billy boy, and as far as I'm concerned Vista is already going into the s**t bucket because I won't be getting it nor any other MS developed OS.

My thoughts exactly. Vista FTL.

ding, ding!

In Microsoft Windows there is a "autorun" feature for CD and DVD's that automatically run files on the disc if an autorun.inf file is specified.

You can disable the autorun feature or hold down the SHIFT key while inserting/loading the disc to prevent it from run autorun.

Never run any executable (.exe, .msi, .bat, .cmd, .com) or scriptfile found a music CD or movie DVD.

here is written:

I'm ok with that (great move from sony)! Just read the privacy statement and you will see what is all about!

Yeh, aslong as they write that they will install their spyware/rootkit crap on your computer in a minimal small text using obfuscated law-speak, it is okay for them to install crap on your computer since everyone always bother to read that text. :rolleyes:

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

what the hell does FTL mean when you use it. i used Wikipedia to look for it and found "Faster Than Light"

edit:nvm. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_slang#F

"Faster Than Light"?! lolololololol!!!111!!!!!!

My dear JohnDemolition: FTL = For The Lose, which means it sucks. And in case I ever feel the need to utilize FTW, that refers to For The Win, which means it anti-sucks. A lesson in stupid Internet acronyms.

A good site to check out for even more pointless phrases (and their definitions) is the Urban Dictionary. Taught me everything I know. Almost.

ding, ding!