Speccy is reporting 511 degrees Celsius on the 2nd GPU on my laptop?

qwerty77

Please see this screenshot:

2jxlzo.png

The laptop is quite new. It's a Toshiba Satellite L40-B202GX. It's pre-installed with Win 8.1 Single Langauge but I reformated it and upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro.

I also launched Speccy before I reformatted it but it still read 511 degrees Celsius. Drivers are no problem since the website of Toshiba Asia provides all the updated drivers.

GPU-Z also reports the same temp btw so I'm also guessing that since it's new the readings for it is not yet supported. The second GPU is an AMD Radeon™ R7 M260 Graphics.

• Moderators

Now that's an impressive rounding error!

I agree with you simply having a piece of hardware that Speccy can't handle properly. A theory supported by another program showing the same 'error'.

I take it you have the latest Speccy version?

The Dev Team see these posts so if it's fixable, look out for a future release.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Now that's an impressive rounding error!

I agree with you simply having a piece of hardware that Speccy can't handle properly. A theory supported by another program showing the same 'error'.

I take it you have the latest Speccy version?

The Dev Team see these posts so if it's fixable, look out for a future release.

Thanks for replying and yes It's running the latest version of Speccy. Double checked it too before I downloaded the installer... hoping for a fix from the devs soon. It's just that 511 degrees Celsius is quite outrageous because if that's true then the laptop would've been in flames right now lol.

• Moderators

Don't hold your breathe, I mean a fix would be good but it may not be in the realm of Speccy to fix.

I believe most of these system interrogator sort of programs simply 'read' values supplied by the hardware vendor of the component.

If that is the case, it'll always show that temp unless the driver/firmware/hardware is updated.

Don't hold your breathe, I mean a fix would be good but it may not be in the realm of Speccy to fix.

I believe most of these system interrogator sort of programs simply 'read' values supplied by the hardware vendor of the component.

If that is the case, it'll always show that temp unless the driver/firmware/hardware is updated.

Yep. I know :) I'm also keeping an eye on the Drivers provided by Toshiba or AMD. I just hope the our good devs here at Piriform can work their magic :D If not then i guess i'll probabaly wait for an updated driver from AMD or Toshiba themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

you both have the same driver version (only a slight versioning difference with the minor release numbers)

have you tried the AMD site for the latest driver?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I Have the same problem:

Im use two video drivers: Intel e AMD Radeon series, for case of AMD radeon series show 511 degrees.

i'm use the last version of Speccy (Nov-2014)

the driever is up to date: Video_Driver_954YR_WN_10.18.10.3496_A01 

The notebook is new (2 days) and i'm use windows 8.1 single edition 64 bits (yes, i'm update all security patches of windows).

Intel core i7

post-71032-0-37253500-1415834853_thumb.png

post-71032-0-15717300-1415834952_thumb.png

• 2 years later...