What's the right answer re: duration of Pro license?

TomF

There are conflicting reports about the Pro version for Home use as to how long the product will function e.g. auto-update before you have to pay again. Some users have said Pro for Home means "updates itself forever" and others have stated that once you register you get Pro functionality for "one year" then you must pay again.

So what is the answer--I have read the license agreement (at least, the only one I could find which is this one

http://www.piriform.com/legal/software-license/ccleaner-professional

and in section 4 it talks about "annual update fees" without saying what they are.

So it seems if I buy "CCleaner Professional for Unlimited Home Use" for $34.99 then I can install to all my home PCs but after a year...what? What happens? Does CCleaner stop updating itself until I pay for a new license? Or is the annual fee instead about "support" and the auto-updating will continue?

There must be users here who have purchased Pro--what is your experience >1 year?

• Admin

Hi TomF,

The Piriform Professional licenses are valid for one year, so this means that the license, automatic updates and priority technical support expire after that time. The product will continue to work, but without the additional benefits of the paid-for license.

""CCleaner Professional for Unlimited Home Use" for $34.99"  is an exclusive retail product. The license is valid for 1 year for use on unlimited home PC's.

""CCleaner Professional for Unlimited Home Use" for $34.99"  is an exclusive retail product. The license is valid for 1 year for use on unlimited home PC's.

Thanks for replying but WHERE exactly did you come-up with this verbiage (link)--or are you just saying you know this is true from experience with the product.

There do seem to be a lot of people (who have posted online about this) who seem to think their software will go on indefinitely.

• Moderators

MrA is an actual representative of the development team, so that's first-hand information

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com