CCleaner v1.27 - Released!

MrG

:huh: ..............interesting! by TeMerc on cOu

(Mike162005 @ Feb 14 2006, 09:36 PM)

CCleaner loses Softpedia 100% CLEAN award

CCleaner now contains Yahoo! toolbar, therefore the award has been removed and the program marked as adware.

Well that's stupid. Screw (excuse me) softpedia anyways. Like someone has to install it, good grief.

Oh and HOW can it be ADWARE? It doesn't install without letting you know, YOU have to install it. I'll never download anything from that stupid site - like I did anyways, but whatever!

So many are complaing I think Mr. MrG is going to make a non Yahoo! Toolbar version.

Sorry that just burnt my cookie for tonight.

Yes, Mr.G took a lot of heat about that YaHoo! tb. He'd be wise to make a 'non YaHoo!' version to soothe the savages.

At least the option is plain to see, I had no troubles noticing it immediately, and if I recall it is not ticked by default, which is also good.

..........and Make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

Keep your software up to date

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?

So many are complaing I think Mr. MrG is going to make a non Yahoo! Toolbar version.

He already did.

CCleaner v1.27.260 - Basic

And if you don't need the extra languages, get this one:

CCleaner v1.27.260 - Slim

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Thanks for release,yahoo toolbar is optional,heck, even downloading this Freeware app and installing

it is optional.So boo-hoo to those that complain.Personally i don't like toolbars,but what if i did,what

if i did install Yahoo toolbar? Would the sky fall and the earth beneath my feat crumble,would the NSA

come knocking on my door and find out that i really do know the colonel's secret recipe. B)

P.S.

I have nod32 and the latest version of ccleaner and do not have this problem.

He already did.

CCleaner v1.27.260 - Basic

And if you don't need the extra languages, get this one:

CCleaner v1.27.260 - Slim

I downloaded all 3 files.. fer my collection :P

They are all here:

http://ccleaner.com/downloadbuilds.asp

Hello to all. I just want to ask why Antivir v.7 reports that CCleaner has "SPR/KILLPROG.DLL program signature" ... is it a virus or a false positive?

Regards.

it WAS false positive.. .. but i am pretty SURE it had been fixed / updated now...

In any case .. i am running AntiVir 7.0 as well.. and installed newest CCleaner 1.27 .. and NO false positive thingy came up.. (but it was fixed already in the previous Beta version)

They are all here:

http://ccleaner.com/downloadbuilds.asp

it WAS false positive.. .. but i am pretty SURE it had been fixed / updated now...

In any case .. i am running AntiVir 7.0 as well.. and installed newest CCleaner 1.27 .. and NO false positive thingy came up.. (but it was fixed already in the previous Beta version)

Finally I installed it anyway ignoring AntiVir message as I was certain it was a false positive.

Regards.

Windows Hotfix Uninstallers cleaning feature should be removed or slightly modified in CCleaner. I tried this option and CCleaner wiped any information available for installed Windows XP updates on the Add/Remove Programs control applet. The fixes are already installed on the system, but the program infos aren't displayed. I'm afraid that using Hotfix Uninstallers cleaning option could cause harmful changes to the Windows registry (wiping any details related to any hotfix installed on the system). Make sure to add a mod in the registry that prevents hotfix info wiping during hotfix uninstaller cleaning. So the uninstallers are gone, but the hotfix details are normally displayed on the Add/Remove programs control applet as usual!

Windows Hotfix Uninstallers cleaning feature should be removed or slightly modified in CCleaner. I tried this option and CCleaner wiped any information available for installed Windows XP updates on the Add/Remove Programs control applet. The fixes are already installed on the system, but the program infos aren't displayed. I'm afraid that using Hotfix Uninstallers cleaning option could cause harmful changes to the Windows registry (wiping any details related to any hotfix installed on the system). Make sure to add a mod in the registry that prevents hotfix info wiping during hotfix uninstaller cleaning. So the uninstallers are gone, but the hotfix details are normally displayed on the Add/Remove programs control applet as usual!

Of course they aren't listed in Add or Remove Programs; you can't remove them anymore! That is the entire purpose.

Nothing in your system is hurt. If you try to download Windows Updates, it will work exactly as it had before you removed the uninstallers; WinUpdate won't skip a beat. Not to mention, removing the uninstallers frees up hundreds of megabytes of space. It is an excellent feature, and I haven't heard of anyone's computer being hurt by it.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I think that the windows hotfix uninstallers cleaning is a great idea,I cleaned yesterday with the new slim version ( not bloated without toolbar!!) :lol: It removed 423.6mb worth of them.

I would like to make the point though as a member of the forum, I am very dissapointed to find that the there are so many ccleaner versions,one has always been enough an d to bring in the different ones can only cause frictionj and unhappiness within the forum.( which from recent poste i've seen this is already happening)

no choice... thats life... there is no way to make everyone happy...

but good that there are different "version" of installers... at least those do not want the Yahoo! bundle toolbar (many of us here do not want it) can dont download it... still a small installer... that's nice...

the new version work well for me.. WAY TO GO!!!

--==aGumon==--

DL, installed and it works as it should (SLIM version). I approve of the idea that the program should have the option of being both DL'd and installed with user configuration abilities. If NORTON can do it then anyone can implement it. I also like the idea that we no longer HAVE TO include language packs that will never be used. I am in the USA and will probably never have any need for a langauge other than English. If need be I will download the version that offers alternate languages.

Now to the issue of Hotfix Uninstallers. MOST users will NEVER try to remove them and thus bloat their hard drives. Here we have a method that is safe and effective. I do agree that it should have its own line and TICK box to insure that users who may be concerned can block this particular wipe. Microsoft in its zeal to control everything PC will continue to haunt us with patches. This will be the case with Vista too. The fact is that once a Hotfix has been applied the chances of it ever having to be removed is essentially NIL. Thanks MrG for including this tool.

As for the toolbar-I personally consider them to be an invasion of my computers and NEVER allow them to be installed. There are no exceptions as virtually ALL of the software I run has no need for them. Even Corel tried to sneak one in with WordPerfect until the users group complained-just enough-and it is now optional. Should all of this hinge on money for the developer/website then I think it incumbent on them to say so. A small donation is not inappropriate and I will make one in due time if the program remains at the quality and performance level we now have.

Finally I installed it anyway ignoring AntiVir message as I was certain it was a false positive.

Regards.

OK.. but i do NOT think that it should be any AntiVir message.. in the latest Release version of CC...

Wasn't for me anyhow.. (just in the 1st beta i think)

Wow, I'm very impressed with this new version. Cleaned an extra 500Mb of junk thanks to the AVG and hotfix cleaning. It hasn't cleaned that much since the first time I used the program.

Don't like the whole toolbar addition but as long as were always offered the slim version without it (and without additional languages - great idea) I'll be very happy.

Thanks for making my favourite, and most used, program even better ;)

Only minor issue, the small CCleaner icon used in the quick launch bar and deskbar is very faint, is it just me with this little issue?