CCleaner v1.27 - Released!

MrG

CCleaner v1.27.260 Final has been released!

Download it now from the main site.

And before you ask the alternative builds will be out in a few hours time... ;)

MrG

Thank you!

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

And before you ask the alternative builds will be out in a few hours time... ;)

And just why does it take "a few hours"?

Should take a matter of minutes. I've compiled many setup applications and they take minutes to do. Hours is a rather lame excuse to get people to download a version with a toolbar to make a few bucks.

Better yet, remove the toolbar completely.

I installed it at 12:45 pm Eastern Standard Time - and simply unclicked the box that said "install yahoo ccleaner toolbar" - pretty straight forward.

Thanks Mr. G. - wonderful program.

I did the same but the antivirus popped up anyway...

Maybe it's just a false positive but I want to be on the safe side.

BTW, this is the first time I was offered to install a 3rd party program along with CCleaner. Previous versions were clean right?

http://www.ccleaner.com/downloadbin.asp?f=1

I just tested them on Jotti and only the version with the toolbar detected CCleaner with a trojan.

Yes, previous versions were clean. Now we get bloat and crap with Crap Cleaner.

Many thanks Tarun. I think CCleaner creator should make available both versions (clean and with toolbars) in the main download page.

Regards and thanks again.

I did the same but the antivirus popped up anyway...

Maybe it's just a false positive but I want to be on the safe side.

BTW, this is the first time I was offered to install a 3rd party program along with CCleaner. Previous versions were clean right?

Uninstall then reboot and reinstall CCleaner. Unclick yahoo toolbar (it is the first I have seen it offered - but that's your free choice). One other thing I use Mcafee firewall and antivirus and have Computer Associates Pest Patrol in memory - you might want to add those programs if you have an always on cable modem)

I posted this suggestion a while ago, but I figured I ought to put it here, so that MrG might have a chance of seeing it: lokoike's suggestion

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Hi Everyone

It always a joy to receive the downloads for new versions of CC Cleaner and i have to say a nice little bit of software for getting crap off my m/c quickly.

But please forgive me for having a serious winge on this download. Getting an unsolicited Yahoo toolbar as a bonus is not playing the game. I see it as just as bad an intrusion of my privacy and rights as when i receive unsolicited spyware. Please stop it - PLEASE.

stpaddy

Hi Everyone

It always a joy to receive the downloads for new versions of CC Cleaner and i have to say a nice little bit of software for getting crap off my m/c quickly.

But please forgive me for having a serious winge on this download. Getting an unsolicited Yahoo toolbar as a bonus is not playing the game. I see it as just as bad an intrusion of my privacy and rights as when i receive unsolicited spyware. Please stop it - PLEASE.

stpaddy

People becoming new members in the last few hours just to slam new release. I don't believe it. Bogus aliases. Bad Mojo.

People becoming new members in the last few hours just to slam new release. I don't believe it. Bogus aliases. Bad Mojo.

Well, I can speak for myself. I am a new member and I thank CCleaner creator for a wonderful FREE software but it all began because AntiVir V.7 says it has a virus or trojan...

Tarun gave me a link with the free-of-toolbars version and I will be using that one.

Regards.

p.d. Also, using Jotti as suggested by Taun gave this response:

"MIGHT BE INFECTED/MALWARE (Sandbox emulation took a long time and/or runtime packers were found, this is suspicious. Normally programs aren't packed and don't force the sandbox into lengthy emulation. Do realize no scanner issued any warning, the file can very well be harmless. Caution is advised, however.) (Note: this file has been scanned before. Therefore, this file's scan results will not be stored in the database)"

I think it sucks very alot with Yahoo! toolbar, it is totaly against the spirit of such software such as CCleaner.

Another thing I found a little strange, is that CCleaner uses the excellent NSIS installer, but seem to try to hide the fact that it does so.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Thank you for the slim version, MrG. Without the additional languages, the installer is even smaller than version 1.26! Very cool.

One suggestion though: perhaps restructure ccleaner.com so that these additional versions are right up front. That way, you don't have to click around to get what you want, and people who don't want the toolbar built-in to the installer don't accidently end up with the version they don't want.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!