Bing or Google ?

Kas

So far, Bing has not really been given a fair revue. Bing, a relative new boy in the game, is a  very serious  contender to the ancient Google.

Bing is an excellent, efficient, comprehensive and stylish search engine, with an attractive charisma, every bit as good as Google, but old habits and devoted loyalty die hard and Google has its committed party faithful followers, who have accumulated into 100`s of millions over the years when Google has been completely unopposed.

Bing with MS backing, is here to stay and will steadily grow into a serious  market threat, given half the kind of time that Google have had to achieve their lone run up to dominance and stardom.

The Bing search page is spectacularly attractive with their daily beautiful background and the the attendant facilities are more than enough. YES, Google has it all in abundance, top quality, efficiency and expertise, but their search page has the bland charisma of a white bed sheet with a stain on it.

Other search engines are just incidental playthings, amusing fun-jobs and are of no serious market consideration.

http://theeword.co.uk/info/search_engine_market.html

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"

so does DDG just piggyback off the Google and Bing search servers or are they a search engine in their own right?

or in other words, if Bing and Google were to implode overnight, would DDG users even know or care?

DDG do not have a web crawler. If Google and Bing imploded the only results DDG would return are the hundred-odd sites it specifically indexes, such as Wikipedia and Amazon.

I'm Shane.

DDG do not have a web crawler. If Google and Bing imploded the only results DDG would return are the hundred-odd sites it specifically indexes, such as Wikipedia and Amazon.

DDG is simply a source of amusement, like Dogpile etc. Having said that, I rather like the duck.

We can experiment with all these odd-ball search engines for fun or some other reason, but in the end any serious Internet fan will always come back to either Google or Bing like a pea in a pod.

• Moderators

Duckduck is not just a source of amusement, it is a serious alternative to Google for some people who do not want their searches tracked.

As for Bing, it is hard to get decent results from it when doing 'serious' searches. it's more just for casual search users.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

The Bing search page is spectacularly attractive

You've mentioned "attractive" at least twice in the post, sure it looks good I'll give it that but looking good is subjective, whereas a search engine is suppose to be all about relevant search results, it's not a who's the prettiest contest.

You've mentioned "attractive" at least twice in the post, sure it looks good I'll give it that but looking good is subjective, whereas a search engine is suppose to be all about relevant search results, it's not a who's the prettiest contest.

I  did not concentrate totally on Bing being solely "attractive", so we all fall for a pretty picture. I did mention several other excellent merits Bing has, including the quality of search results under the various descriptive adjectives. My post 26 covers it all and I have no regrets at mentioning "attractive" twice or  even more.

Duckduck is not just a source of amusement, it is a serious alternative to Google for some people who do not want their searches tracked.

As for Bing, it is hard to get decent results from it when doing 'serious' searches. it's more just for casual search users.

Hazel,

I have searched the Internet on everything from mathematics to news items - you name it I`ve done it , covered just about anything in existence over my 12 year relationship with the web. What exactly do you mean by a "serious" search ? Have I missed out on something ?

Could you please give me an example of what you describe as a "serious" search, so that I can test it out with Bing against Google, DDG or any other search  engine you wish to suggest ?

Stay tuned. 

I'm going to start "LOGIN123 SEARCH". 

Our slogan will be

We don't know who you are. 

Sometimes we don't know who we are.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I suppose my header is rather restrictive in stating Bing vs. Google. It does sound like a poll instead of a discussion subject. But I have found all the posts very interesting indeed and have enjoyed reading them, albeit that many relate other search  engines.

Let them all roll in, it makes interesting reading.

But in all honesty, these minor and insignificant search  engines simply cannot be compared to either Bing or Google, regardless of the very credible reasons for using them. To sincerely compare these minor search  engines with Bing and Google is akin to comparing the performance of a one wheel bicycle with that of a sports car.

• Moderators

I miss "WebCrawler" search previous to AOL's purchase

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebCrawler

2y3aju8e.jpg

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I'm switching over to AltaVista :angry:

You'll get far with Yahoo :)

Try Yandex instead, that also starts with a Y :lol:

Google is good, no doubts about that, top place really. For privacy go with Duckduck.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com