Unifying Mixed Font in Copy/Paste

Kas

Often I copy and paste text from my Emails and various web sources to compile a post or other descriptive matter. The fonts all come in different sizes with some bold and some not etc. It looks a mess.

An answer to this is to unify all the text and I have used "bbEditor" on many occasions. It works perfectly. Just copy your mixed text, bring up bbEditor on your desktop, paste in the copied text by edit>paste, edit>select all, then edit>copy. Erase your original text and paste in the edited text. The whole text is now unified and all the mixed fonts have gone.

You will find bbEditor free to download and put on your desktop here :-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows/page/2/

7th one down the list.

Example :-

would depend on

Becomes

would depend on

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"

• Moderators
I've used Copy&Trim by Detlev Schaefer since 2002 for this purpose, it's super small and gets the job done for me.

Since the development is no more, and the author website is no more, the only link I can find for it is on BrotherSoft (usually frowned upon but the download is clean according to Jotti and MetaScan Online):

• Moderators

Notepad++ for me.

(ctrl+shift+V isn't support widely, Word for example)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

By the way there is a freeware topic on this forum for posting about freeware software (probably better to post in there instead creating separate topics), it's at:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=39089

I did not know, sorry.

Will not be posting much more, if any. Have explained to Hazelnut why in a PM.

• Moderators

yeah, the long way around, Paste Special, can paste unformatted, but the shortkey Ctrl+Shft+V doesn't.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

I wonder if anything can automatically/automagically get rid of things such as Microsoft Word's and even some websites weird way of formatting parenthesis with an angled tilt (tilting left, tilting right) that so many text editors don't understand and therefore convert into a black square.

I wonder if anything can automatically/automagically get rid of things such as Microsoft Word's and even some websites weird way of formatting parenthesis with an angled tilt (tilting left, tilting right) that so many text editors don't understand and therefore convert into a black square.

Could you give an example please ?

• Moderators

Sure, like a news article here I just read on Softpedia News, it uses those tilted parenthesis starting on paragraph five. Those are one of the characters used that get converted into a black box. Wordpad understands them, Notepad, Metapad, etc., don't understand them and neither does that old Copy&Trim program I use.

Screenshot of what I mean:

http://postimg.org/image/88x8c2203/

Sure, like a news article here I just read on Softpedia News, it uses those tilted parenthesis starting on paragraph five. Those are one of the characters used that get converted into a black box. Wordpad understands them, Notepad, Metapad, etc., don't understand them and neither does that old Copy&Trim program I use.

Screenshot of what I mean:

http://postimg.org/image/88x8c2203/

Your screenshot shows exactly what you mean - thanks. The reason for my question is that "Parentheses" covers a whole group of literary symbols.

But these are simple quotes which occur in almost every  written article, a common feature used in all forms of writing, personal and media. Whatever editor converts these simple quotes to blanks needs dumping fast as being utterly useless. I would think that Notepad and the other edit methods stated here by our posters do no such thing. bbEditor  certainly performs perfectly.

bbEditor treats paragraph 5 like this, exact reproduction, it even enlarges the script to normal size  :-

“Some problems with Windows 7 application compatibility caused the banks to downgrade some ATMs from Windows 7 back to Windows XP,” the report states, adding that switching from XP to another platform is still a key issue for many of the banks in the country.

* I see no problem whatsoever.

Original text from your example link, small text  - paragraph 5:-

“Some problems with Windows 7 application compatibility caused the banks to downgrade some ATMs from Windows 7 back to Windows XP,” the report states, adding that switching from XP to another platform is still a key issue for many of the banks in the country.

• Moderators

The only thing is it's using formatted quotes (sorry I grew up calling them parenthesis so it never occurred to me to upgrade my grammar and call them quotes). It's the formatting/special character used in some program - some HTML editors and office programs make those.

Fwiw. what notepad looks like here win xp, notepad v-5.1:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I'll try the one you use & test it if you wish. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

It is because of the font used in those text editors, they were on the default system fixed width font: Fixedsys

After changing the font to Courier New, it completely gets rid of those black boxes I mentioned.

@login123:

Had you not posted your screenshot using a different font style to spark a clue this years old issue would've still been annoying me.

Another "who knew" moment. 

Happens here all the time . . . more as I get older . . . shouldn't those happen less, not more?   

:P

Edit: 

Fixedsys looks the same here as yours. 

Lucida Console is what I was using, never even checked it before now.