Man`s best friend

Kas

Post a picture of your beloved dog, it will be a pleasure for us all to see.

Unfortunately, I am unable to contribute at present, though I have had the privilege and honor of owning several dogs in the past to make my life really worthwhile. See my Profile regarding one of them.

My last most loving and faithful dog was Kaiser, a Rottie. He died at the age of 10 years old on 10 January 2014 of internal bleeding. But 10 years of age is not a bad average for a Rottie. I would have like more. He meant the world to me.

Kaiser.jpg

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"

• Moderators

mine are two black labs, one died about 4 weeks ago (on the left), leaving just her brother now.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/pi314159/dogs_zps65fa0f99.jpg

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I only have cats, but my cat Moose is bigger than a lot of dogs.

http://imgur.com/a/UkXX0

Middle pic, Not sure if you are dressing him up for His date or Your date ??? :lol:

I only had Spiders as pets sadly had to set them free.

Can't get any dogs due to our yard is way to small :(

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

@TheWebAtom

You afraid of them ?

I had this one

1201.jpg

• Moderators

Nice spider. I'd never consider one as a pet but I do like watching the variety that don't make webs hunt live prey. If they're outside I leave them be, if they're inside the house I introduce them to my foot or a flyswatter.

You afraid of them ?

I live in Australia and our spiders tend to grow rather large. I've had pet birds killed and eaten by spiders. I don't fear them, so much as respect their frightening disregard for life.

I'm Shane.

I live in Australia and our spiders tend to grow rather large. I've had pet birds killed and eaten by spiders. I don't fear them, so much as respect their frightening disregard for life.

Well I stopped reading after Australia ;) .  Nicely put about the respect. *tip my hat to you*

The relationship of man with dogs goes back Centuries, at least to the ancient Greeks and Romans. Dog remains have been found from 10,000 - 15,000 years ago. It has been scientifically acknowledged that mans relationship with the dog and its  human connected development originates from the Grey wolf many thousands of years ago.

This man/dog relationship is unique and has no other equivalent in the animal kingdom. The modern domesticated dog has become a totally faithful and committed companion of man. We should be proud that an animal displays such a firm bond with us.

A dogs life span varies according to breed, but on average 10-12 years is about the limit for most breeds. Large dogs have a shorter life span.

Out of the 5 dogs I have had the privilege and joy of owning, only one died early at 6 years old. The others lived for 10-15 years. Nothing wrong  with a dogs life span. You accept what it is, enjoy the time they are with us and grieve at their loss. Just like any other species including humans, some die young, but most live good average lives dependent on their treatment and care.

To those of you who mentioned losing pets, I'm sorry.  :( It's never easy. There is no joy greater than that from a beloved pet. 

And with that being said, here's my current collection lol...

545206_3662394528164_2138780504_n.jpg

1017601_10201461166360763_579252015_n.jp

559540_4900067749221_1484546558_n.jpg

11447_10201488344400197_1612083546_n.jpg

1796570_10203187413155854_1283290089_n.j

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

@ LuLu

"To those of you who mentioned losing pets, I'm sorry.   It's never easy. There is no joy greater than that from a beloved pet. "

LuLu, you`ve said it all. There is not a single human relationship, past or present that has not suffered ups and downs. With a dog or any other animal, such an unpredictable nature does not exist. It is 100% pure love, dedication  and  affection.

​I love your menagerie, they are a superb collection of cuddles.

@ LuLu

"To those of you who mentioned losing pets, I'm sorry.   It's never easy. There is no joy greater than that from a beloved pet. "

LuLu, you`ve said it all. There is not a single human relationship, past or present that has not suffered ups and downs. With a dog or any other animal, such an unpredictable nature does not exist. It is 100% pure love, dedication  and  affection.

​I love your menagerie, they are a superb collection of cuddles.

You are exactly right. 

And thanks! Even though they all drive me crazy, I love each and every one of them and wouldn't trade them for anything. 

That makes one of us. :lol:  I do fear them, especially if they are too big to stomp on. 

Middle pic, Not sure if you are dressing him up for His date or Your date ??? :lol:

I only had Spiders as pets sadly had to set them free.

Can't get any dogs due to our yard is way to small :(

He's a bit out of my league, he's just a dapper fellow of indeterminate age between twelve and infinity years old

• Moderators

A dogs life span varies according to breed, but on average 10-12 years is about the limit for most breeds.

Mine lived for 16 years, but I did give her purified water and good quality food.

We had a cat that lived for I think 20 years, and it was a cat that was inside the house for only a few months but one day he decided to go outside and stay outside for the rest of his life. He was a very weird moon cat that would give people the look of "if I were bigger I'd eat you," he'd be gentle one moment and the next a complete psycho attacking your leg. He even had a wild rabbit as a friend, they'd sit in the yard right next to each other.

That makes one of us. :lol:  I do fear them, especially if they are too big to stomp on. 

LuLu, this may sound odd to most people, but although I have lost parents, a wife, all my Aunts and Uncles, plus some very close friends, the memories which haunt me every single day and each night are those of my beloved dogs.

I just cannot shake them off and I have no doubt that they will follow me to the grave. It is not the many treasured and happy years they gave me which should dominate my mind, but the memory and circumstances of their deaths.

I guess that is the price I have to pay for all the pleasure they gave me. A kind of pay-back time.

CPR for your pet Link

Just may save your pets life with this one

Who knew 9gag was just full of funnies and weird stuff

LuLu, this may sound odd to most people, but although I have lost parents, a wife, all my Aunts and Uncles, plus some very close friends, the memories which haunt me every single day and each night are those of my beloved dogs.

I just cannot shake them off and I have no doubt that they will follow me to the grave. It is not the many treasured and happy years they gave me which should dominate my mind, but the memory and circumstances of their deaths.

I guess that is the price I have to pay for all the pleasure they gave me. A kind of pay-back time.

I don't think it's odd at all, to be honest. Not a day goes by that I don't think about the ones I've lost, especially my dog Mandy who ended up dying due to that melamine issue with Pedigree dog food some years ago (not sure if you had ever heard about that). Of all the happy memories I have of her, my mind always wanders to her last few weeks and how horrible things were for her. So I totally get what you're saying here. 

CPR for your pet Link

Just may save your pets life with this one

Who knew 9gag was just full of funnies and weird stuff

Great link, Hav0c!

I don't think it's odd at all, to be honest. Not a day goes by that I don't think about the ones I've lost, especially my dog Mandy who ended up dying due to that melamine issue with Pedigree dog food some years ago (not sure if you had ever heard about that). Of all the happy memories I have of her, my mind always wanders to her last few weeks and how horrible things were for her. So I totally get what you're saying here. 

LuLu,

i think that my  special bond  with my  dogs is because I have no children and each one of my dogs became as dear to me as any son or daughter are to other people. Their loss was exactly the same to me.

Nice spider. I'd never consider one as a pet but I do like watching the variety that don't make webs hunt live prey. If they're outside I leave them be, if they're inside the house I introduce them to my foot or a flyswatter.

This is why I do not kill spider Andavari

NOTE: I see I made a typo in my post

"Who knew 9gag was just full of funnies and weird stuff"

it should have read

Who knew 9gag wasn't just full of funnies and weird stuff