A Sudden intrusion in the Start up Items!

saurabhdua

Hello There!

My "Start-up Items" as viewed through the CCleaner Utility depicts a sudden intrusion of 3 new entries(screenshot attached)! Installed Windows Defender has also portrayed 3 banner warnings :: "Malware Detected, & Cleaning action has been initiated" !

I have no clue from where I caught hold of these! Windows Action Center has also flagged that Windows Defender wish to further share these entries with the Microsoft.

Though I have run its Quick scan & nothing alarming was found, still I would request the Community to shed more Light on theirs probable inception.

Yesterday, I tried opening an attachment named "Order Report.zip" from the mail message that masqueraded as a genuine email from amazon.co.uk; & only later I came to realize that I was spoofed into believing something which only turned out to be a Spam!

for the willing ones, Iam ready to fwd. the mail to enable its further scrutiny. Nevertheless, Help & Suggestion in this regard would be sincerely appreciated.

post-69563-0-49585200-1401453585_thumb.png

• Moderators

See item 10 in the link below, choose a Malware Removal Forum  and go NOW to get your Malware Removal process started.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showannouncement=15&f=11

Post the logs they ask for and follow what they ask of you. Don't worry it's not as hard as you may think :)

Let us know how you get on.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hello Hazelnut!

As soon as I disabled the quoted  "Start Up" Items & ran the Quick Scan again through Windows Defender, it unveiled a Pandora's box!

Check out the screenshot again, & give me Big Cheers for this ' Smoking out' the Malware off their holes! :-)

Now I do not see the errant startup entries anymore.

Thank you.

post-69563-0-59427800-1401465059_thumb.png

• Moderators

Yesterday, I tried opening an attachment named "Order Report.zip" from the mail message that masqueraded as a genuine email from amazon.co.uk

You should know most legit companies aren't going to be sending you zipped files. Like Hazelnut said you need to get it checked out by a malware removal expert, trying to clean it on your own will often fail or leave something behind with modern malware.

O my God! Do I need to repeat the entire story again? :-) Is there a no way to simply "Deport" my Concern to the new Forum without Signing up for their Services? Atleast, let me know which one specific to choose of? 

+1 to above suggestions. 

Imho, is certainly worth the time to have one of those experts check your system.   

Which one is your choice, they are all OK, you might read some of the threads and decide based on that. 

Post back how it goes, if you have the time.  :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Hello login123!

Opted for Malwarebytes Antimalware forum instead (have now only read your post!), & they appear to promote their own Product at the first place!

Have told me to run a Scan with that, & post its log.

I wonder..why don't this "Windows Defender" has this Log extraction facility? Iam left with only a Vertical Scroll bar to examine the detections, & rely solely on the art of taking Screenshots in order to share the Booby traps with Helping members like your goodself:-)

Nevertheless, I initially followed my own instincts to Download & run a quick scan of Super Antispyware, & all appeared well.

I'll certainly follow your advise to try out Imho with a no further delay. Thanks!

Good for you.  :)

Following the experts' advice is easier than it looks at first. 

And the folks over at MBAM are very responsible.  They'll do right by you.  Also MBAM is a great software free or paid version. 

Fwiw, there are several malware forums that start with an MBAM scan to help them get a handle on what's wrong. 

Post back how it goes if you have time. 

Edit:  Actually it was Hazelnut who recommended a checkup, I just chimed in. 

If Hazelnut posts anything in bold it is a great idea to do it. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.