Germany & China ban Windows 8

Willy2

China banned Win 8 from being used on government computers. Germany banned Win 8 use for selected government departments.

http://www.testosteronepit.com/home/2014/5/21/china-bans-windows-8-from-government-computers-after-leaked.html

Edited by Willy2

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

• Moderators

Please consider titles before posting. Germany has not banned the use of Windows 8.

China has banned the use on Government machines only.

Nothing to do with the tit for tat political situations gong on regarding spying claims by US and China against each other I suppose.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I was hoping the US would be next in banning it. Then they could issue me a free disk of whatever acceptable version of Windows is left. (Bring back XP!!!! lol)

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators

I still use it. Unfortunately it has XPired but as of yet the table I have it on hasn't caught fire, the PC tower hasn't imploded, etc.

It hasn't XPloded either!

Big man, that is one of your better ones. Very clever.   :)

XP has been around for so long and we have so much XPerience using it that we could now be called XPerts, and we need to be as we're now apparently XPosed to XPloits. Insert XPletive for MS here.

I won't be XPloring the use of a new OS, and no XPlanation needed for why. Not worth the XPense maybe.

Long live XP. I XPect it will still be around long after I've XPired (pinched that one).

I still use it. Unfortunately it has XPired but as of yet the table I have it on hasn't caught fire, the PC tower hasn't imploded, etc.

I'd be using it still as well if the desktop it's on hadn't taken a dump last year. I'll fix it. Eventually. lol

It hasn't XPloded either!

Big man, that is one of your better ones. Very clever.   :)

XP has been around for so long and we have so much XPerience using it that we could now be called XPerts, and we need to be as we're now apparently XPosed to XPloits. Insert XPletive for MS here.

I won't be XPloring the use of a new OS, and no XPlanation needed for why. Not worth the XPense maybe.

Long live XP. I XPect it will still be around long after I've XPired (pinched that one).

I can tell you worked hard on this post, Dennis. :lol:  :lol:

I think all that the security related stuff is a bunch of hooey. The real reason is they hate the Metro screen just as much as everyone else. :lol:

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

Xcellent posts, Andavari & Dennis.  My thoughts Xactly.  snickers at own cleverness. . .

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Just hope it isn't anything XPensive to get it running again.

Me too. I'm trying to get my hands on a video card just to test with because of it's not that, then it probably will be a bit of an XPense...and that'll have to wait. 

• Moderators

I just resurrected my XP system from a failing Network card ("NIC card"), for a mere $12.48 it solved tons of weird goings-on caused by a failing NIC card that caused more problems than just network issues.

I just resurrected my XP system from a failing Network card ("NIC card"), for a mere $12.48 it solved tons of weird goings-on caused by a failing NIC card that caused more problems than just network issues.

You're lucky! Glad you got yours sorted!

I've narrowed my issues down to either a kaput video card or a motherboard (port) issue. Unfortunately I have no extra video cards anymore and don't have the extra $$ to buy even a cheapie one. So it'll have to wait. 

Back to the ban of Win8 in Chinese Government: Link

Chinese news outlet Xinhua looks back to the termination of support for Windows XP as a reason for the ban on Windows 8.

Looks like XP will never die.

Makes me think of the song Dragula by Rob Zombie.

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

"In the same report, Xinhua states that China is going to focus on developing its own operating system, based on Linux."

Kung Fu Linux.  :)  

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

...China is going to focus on developing its own operating system, based on Linux.

well, if anyone can make a go with Linux, they can.

captive market, communist government, imposed will on the populaces, controlled internet - Go China !

call it Chinux :D

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

well, if anyone can make a go with Linux, they can.

captive market, communist government, imposed will on the populaces, controlled internet - Go China !

call it Chinux :D

Chinux brought to you by the Emperor -  propaganda distro :ph34r: .

Looking forward to the Crane distro, the Tiger distro, the Monkey distro.   

"When you can hijack the API without being leaving a trace, you will be ready, Grasshopper".  :P

Whichever Oriental Operating System, make sure you don't lose your Qi.

Yes Master :ph34r: :ph34r:

The XP saga is beginning to become extremely boring.

The best OS that MS have ever produced will still be  running on merrily in 10 years time. Half the world use XP with China a dominant player. If you look after your PC with the proper security and caution, it will plonk on for years without any trouble. Many users still operate Windows programs going back over 12 years with little trouble. I stopped all those beastly MS updates last year from adding GB`s of wasted space to my hard disk. Deleted 1 GB of them without with a single key stroke.

Who needs MS security updates with a virtual system ?

I use XP and will be doing for a very long time regardless of what the scaremongers spout. I use Sandboxie, which effectively creates a virtual hard drive, where all  the bugs fly around in confinement and are killed off at browser closure. So am I am not dependent on constantly outdated data bases from which all other AV programs suffer from. The Sandboxie management confirm that they have no intention of withdrawing support from XP.

There is always Returnil and an excellent little program called Toolwiz Timefreeze that also create a virtual system. You can run either one of them in combination with Sandboxie. Toolwiz Timefreeze works fine as a catcher, providing you understand its precise function.

So in harmony with half the world, I will be a happy chappy for years to come and can forget MS`s profit paranoia and their Win 7 and 8. The only  prospect of me upgrading is if my ancient PC finally goes PLOP !

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"

Windows 3.0 RTM May 22, 1990

Microsoft maintained support for Windows 3.x until the end of 2001, and it has lived on as an embedded operating system until 1 November 2008.

So that makes it what 18 years ?

Link for some interesting reading

XP will not go down easily as it's only 13 years old. RTM August 24, 2001

Oddly enough, MS are still updating XP. My latest check showed an update to their Malicious Software Removal Tool, two months after the they lynched it.

MSRT ? About as useful to me as headless hammer. I accepted it, but it has never done anything to make the headlines.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"

• Moderators

Oddly enough, MS are still updating XP. My latest check showed an update to their Malicious Software Removal Tool, two months after the they lynched it.

MSRT ? About as useful to me as headless hammer. I accepted it, but it has never done anything to make the headlines.

See conversation about this in this thread

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=40882&page=3

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com