Yahoo Toolbar, New Crap For Crap Cleaner?

GreenWhite

What is this Yahoo Toolbar doing here? I know its optional but still ...

I'm very disappointed.

And why is that it is always trying to connect to NETBIOS outbound?

Did you accidentally install the Y Toolbar, or do you not like the option?

NETBIOS outbound...this may answer your question.

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=3927

I hope this helps!

:)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Did you accidentally install the Y Toolbar, or do you not like the option?

NETBIOS outbound...this may answer your question.

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=3927

I hope this helps!

:)

I didn't install the toolbar and I don't like the option.

The NETBIOS outbound attempt connection I think is more than it seeking for new updates.

I uncheck the auto update during the install by the way.

The NETBIOS outbound attempt connection I think is more than it seeking for new updates.

Yeah, GreenWhite, I gotta agree with you. I haven't used it, but I just don't like the fact that the addition of a toolbar more than doubles the total size of the installer!

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Hmmm, sorry. Someone else will know more. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

ccsetup127b1.exe - 534 kB

ccsetup127b2.exe - 1274 kB

740 kB different. More as the double.

I wouldn't mind if it would download the toolbar from the internet, but not add it to the installer. Please think about it or release 2 different version like WinAMP does and make the one without the toolbar more hard to find or something. So normal users would download the one with the Yahoo toolbar.

Hmm...

So beta2 of CCleaner includes Yahoo Toolbar. Now isnt this an irony?

I consider this going against the goals of CCleaner and what it stands for. I understand that it is optional, but still it is shovelware, I dont explicitly ask for it to come with anything else, so it should not.

Yahoo toolbar is by me considered to be crap. Hell will freeze before I ever install that.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Please think about it or release 2 different version like WinAMP does and make the one without the toolbar more hard to find or something. So normal users would download the one with the Yahoo toolbar.

Why should normal users (whatever they are) be tricked into downloading the version with the toolbar?

If two versions are made available, they should be equally easy to find so that the user has total control over which version they want to download.

It is always the uninitiated that end up with crap on their computers and then require help from others to get rid of it, which was always one of the nice things about ccleaner, anybody could use it to remove crap, now like everyone else is starting to mention it is doing the opposite.

Long live EasyCleaner, at least Toni Helenius does not resort to such tricks, maybe he could include something in EasyCleaner that removes Toolbars easily (for normal users of course).

i would said if CCleaner is going to include a toolbar, maybe have a installer to include the toolbar and one without... instead of having to download the whole package and exclude the installation of the toolbar during installation...

maybe someone out there like it... who knows...

--==aGumon==--

• Moderators

Now, it can clean even more with the addition of pre-installed junk!

:lol:

In any event I'm still using 1.26.218 and haven't even tried the first beta version. Looks like with the inclusion of the Yahoo! toolbar that I won't be compelled to update anytime soon either, at least with winapp2.ini I can still add my own entries without any need to ever update.

Actually, if you read the Beta 2 announcement, it says

Once out of beta, hopefully later this week, I'll create some often requested different versions of the installer.

One without the toolbar for system admins and fans of minimilist apps, and a couple of others.

This means that there will be a version available without the toolbar.

• Moderators

Shouldn't be there to begin with because toolbars are CRAP.

The thing is that I like the idea of it being integrated with the browser. Of course I dont want a toolbar but to have a button that can be added or something might be cool. To bad it would be pretty much useless in firefox though.

Yahoo is for kiddies :)

Yeah, while Google innovates, Yahoo! twiddles its thumbs. E-mail is a good example:

In the last few months, Gmail has offered literally dozens of new features, including RSS feeds, contact groups, built-in chat, and most importantly, a delete button. :lol:

Yahoo! Mail, on the other hand, has recently offered the option to create your own avatar. Whoopedy-doo. Can't wait till their next "innovation".

Even Google's recent Video Search works way better than watching music videos with Yahoo!. It is faster, has zero adds, and lets you rewind or restart whatever video you are on. The only downside is a smaller video selection, which is sure to change soon.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I never want anything else than GMail :D

It really rulez. As lokoike mentioned the last very good features.

- Contact groups

- Unlimited sections and field to add for every contact

- Soon Google Talk Chat support

- Chat files of the offline client are already available online

- You can send from your own home email address

- Fast, Big, Innovative

The only thing I'm still dissapointed in is that you cannor send all types of executable files (EXE, BAT, etc.), if does not matter if you pack it in an archive... Well, I get over it...

I hope new version will be available without the Yaboo or any other toolbar/adware.