Problems I keep getting with Flash WMP popups?

stinkybutt

OK so I've installed, Adobe Flash a few times from Adobe.com, yet every so often, I keep getting these popups that say, "We've detected that you're running an outdated version of Flash, then it redirects to some website where it wants me to download and install a Flash Player not made by Adobe. Samething goes for Windows Media Player.

(Usually when trying to use either Chrome or Fire Fox Browsers)

I also get these 2 windows that open onto my desktop everytime I start my computer.

1)- (In the upper lefthand part of the pop-up box it says "Windows")

(icon of a magnifying glass & Paper)    Windows can't open this file:

File: POWERREG SCHEDULER.del

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it.

Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you cn manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.

What do you want to do?

(Then it has 2 radio buttons)

1) Use the web service to find the correct program

2)- Select a program from a list of installed programs.

.............But I'm pretty sure I've already uninstalled these programs............

*******************The 2nd window that opens up at every startup says: *************

[in the upper left hand part of the title bar] - RunDLL

red round circle with X in it upper lefthand part of the window....

The text says: -

There was a problem starting

C;\Users\user\AppData\Local\Conduit\BackgroundContainer\BackgroundContainer.dll

and I'm pretty sure I deleted this program too, over a month ago.

1)- Any suggestions as to what I can do to get Chrome and Fire Fox to stop telling me I need to update my Flash and/or Windows Media Players?

2)- and... To stop these 2 pop-up signs from opening everytime I start up my computer?

thank You, for your time patience, and understanding & Help.

Bruce

• Moderators

the 2nd problem mentions Conduit, a nasty little toolbar (in my books) and is best removed by a great little program called Adwcleaner.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Sounds like you may have infections. You need help from a malware removal forum such as 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=7

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/forum/37-virus-spyware-malware-removal/

In the meantime you can stop the popup for Conduit\BackgroundContainer\BackgroundContainer.dll at boot by opening CCleaner, selecting Tools then Startup. Next select the scheduled tasks tab at the top, click once on that BackgroundContainer.dll to highlight it and press the disable button.

This however is not the total answer to your issues, you need malware removal help.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

oops, not POWERGEG, but POWERREG! sorry bout the mis type.

Thank You all, for all your help. Problem is that the programs that made those pop-ups are gone already. I don't know where they keep the file for those 2 files though. I keep running sweeps with the malware, and cleaning programs I already have, and they're still always there upon start-up.

(and I got tired trying to think up yet another name, so I just wrote stinkybutt, but my name is Bruce)

~email address removed by moderator to avoid spamming

and I use :

Malwarebytes,

Spyware Blaster,

CCleaner,&

YAC (Yet Another Cleaner)

Unhackme,

and whatever else comes free from Windows, and Microsoft. (like their firewall) that's 5 things I already use almost every other day, and they don't get rid of those 2 start up signs.[ I'm open to hearing about any other AV programs that you know about that are free]

1 other thing I don't understand, about this website.

When I go to post my screen Capture of the 2 signs, it asks for a URL?,

when mine is in a folder.

Now how do I make that work?

Thank you Everyone for your time, patience,concern, and understanding.

B

Bruce,

1. I think you would be wise to edit your above post and REMOVE your personal email address.  You're asking for trouble from spammers, et al, posting it.
  2. Did you solicit help from the web sites suggested by hazelnut?
  3. To attach files (assuming they reside on your system): Click Browse in the Attach Files section (at the bottom of the message screen) > locate and select the file (such as a .jpg) you wish to attach from your computer > click Attach This File (below the Browse button).

Chris