excellent - no overwritten clusters - but system cannot find path specified

dings

I apologize, I already postet this in the bug thread, but now I think in here would be better.

I am trying to recover data on a USB flash drive, which I have not used again after this data has been deleted.

With deep scan Recuva finds 8'423 files, the state of all is "Excellent" and in comment "No overwritten clusters detected".

But when I hit the "Recover" button, it recovers 0 files and says for all of them "The system cannot find the path specified."

Can someone help me please and suggest what else I could try? I am very desperate.... :(

ohhh - now i realize thats what the problem was - the path where to save it ! i thought it was about that it couldnt find the files... but it recommends right there when you have to choose the files you want to recover - that the result might come out better when you save it to a different drive! so i said save it to the laptop picture folder (not on the USB flash drive where i try to recover it from). that might be the problem then? i was just scared to recover it back to the original place because it says it's safer to recover it elsewhere... So i just will have it save on the same USB stick? maybe i'll make a new folder on there - maybe thats what it means - but thats not a different drive and i am scared it will overwrite needed data at the same time, you know?

• Moderators

No you did the right thing, you have to save it to another drive (not the one you are recovering from)  :)

What is the operating system on the laptop you are recovering to?

Perhaps just try making an empty folder on your laptop desktop and try recovery of the files to there.

Also worth thinking about if you have any security software on your laptop which may be preventing the files being moved there.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com