CCleaner v1.27 Beta 2 - Out later today

MrG

I've got one request, while it may be nice for some to have the custom Yahoo toolbar, I personally won't allow this on my network because it conflicts with our anti-spyware program. Could you please add an option to not install this? Also, it might be nice to decide which version to download so we don't waste bandwidth on something we won't use. Thanks.

Leland

acooldozen/pwillener, why flame other people ??

You're right that Mr.G already commented on the versions in the first post. As for myself, I regarded this in my post specifically to avoid responses like yours.

It's true that some, by their request (like leland's), clearly haven't read the first post but that's no reason to flame fellow users, please!

There's a thin relationship between software authors & users - if users feel that they need to pay extra attention when they install an updated version of a program they once trusted, they may simply look elsewhere.

I'm NOT saying that Mr.G isn't trustworthy - I totally understand his motives (though I argued about the implementation), and I'm aware that he had clearly stated what he had about this option, and gave the user a chance to avoid the toolbar at installation.

However, I can also understand the loyal users, that although they can be very cautious when installing new software, may have "Nexted" a few screens and ended-up w/an unsolicited BHO when they tried this new beta.

In essence, this beta grounds shouldn't cause a flamewar between the "illitirates" to the more cautious testers, but a grounds where users can help each other, and help the author issue a better final product that everyone will be happy with.

I tried the 1.27.255 beta, and it work like a well-oiled machine ?.

I should note that it is my experience with installations that help me avoid unwanted compnents, choosing "Custom Installs" over ""Standard (Recommended)" installs. Of course, the publicity here helped too! :rolleyes:

1. New Users, this is a figure of speech. Please do not pour oil into your chasis (the box with the computer stuff inside of it).

I tried the 1.27.255 beta, and it work like a well-oiled machine ?.

I should note that it is my experience with installations that help me avoid unwanted compnents, choosing "Custom Installs" over ""Standard (Recommended)" installs. Of course, the publicity here helped too! :rolleyes:

1. New Users, this is a figure of speech. Please do not pour oil into your chasis (the box with the computer stuff inside of it).

Thanks for that note. I was just getting ready to pour the oil!

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Thanks for that note. I was just getting ready to pour the oil!

Since when is oil bad for your computer? Check out this "well oiled machine"!

And the full version comes out tomorrow! WHOOPEE!!

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!