Jump to content
Piriform Community Forums
DennisD

The "Birthday" place.

Recommended Posts

remember this old thread???

 

I'm a day late for my own birthday.
"happy birthday to me... happy birthday to meee."

first one without the kiddies, very weird.
both overseas, one in Lassing, Austria, other in Dingle, Ireland.  (if you like Irish single malt, triple distilled whiskey, get yourself to Dingle Distillery.   hmmmm.... whiskey....)

hey, and I notice I've broken 5000 posts, and it's my birthday, if that doesn't qualify for the golden Piriform laptop, what does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry you cannot have a golden Piriform laptop for your birthday mta. They are rare now as they were discontinued when Avast took over :( 

Aside from that, Happy Birthday and many, many more of them :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they are rare but not extinct!
I shall not rest till my fingers caress the cold, smooth, shiny keys of the Golden Laptop.  (insert choir of Angels chanting Hallelujah here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy belated squire, and I would send you the Golden Laptop but it's got XP on it, and that just wouldn't do at all.

You'll have to be satisfied with a glass of Golden Nectar instead.

Hope you had a great day, and you'll be surprised to know I'm at this moment supping a glass of Connemara Peated Single Malt whiskey and listening to an album called "Ultimate Irish Pub Songs".

How's that for coincidence? And what a combination.

 

5a2714ff49c8e_IMG_20171205_214217(Small).jpg.72fa7d2640abb4e7faf401f4857b5b97.jpg

5a27150062037_2017-12-05_213036(Small).jpg.a41253c8416ec38d1cd979666d73b331.jpg

Looking at your post Number "doesn't have one" above, that's spooky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DennisD said:

Looking at your post Number "doesn't have one" above, that's spooky

That's also a new thing in the forum update, there are no post numbers anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DennisD said:

...supping a glass of Connemara Peated Single Malt whiskey and listening to an album called "Ultimate Irish Pub Songs".
How's that for coincidence? And what a combination.

you lucky, lucky *****
in fact, that's sounds so good I'm going to chase the album up right now on Spotify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DennisD said:

Lucky is right mate, I've just hit 4 numbers on our lottery.

Only £124 but better than eye-poke-smiley-emoticon.gif.c01e06a78e81df2ad9354bb10845d012.gif

Dennis that is great !!

p.s. can I borrow £10

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

huhu mta :-)

belated happy birthday from germany with a lot of health, happiness, satisfaction and success.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are the balloons and candles guys? It's my birthday today.

On second thoughts, forget the candles, balloons will be fine, and maybe a bit cake.

And maybe a drink or three.

Would you believe my grandkids bought me one of those really small drones. At 8 and 4 they can each fly their's around the house doing flips and somersaults. The drones, not the grandkids.

I've got to beat them before I see them next. So far I can fly it into the loft. Through the hole I put in the ceiling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis, may you have the best birthday ever.  May you have a hundred more, each better that the last.  :)

And I don't even want to borrow money.  Like some on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis before you fly off to far flung places I wish you a birthday better than you've ever had before :)

(A fiver will do Dennis, I'm not greedy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DennisD said:

Where are the balloons and candles guys? It's my birthday today.

On second thoughts, forget the candles, balloons will be fine, and maybe a bit cake.

And maybe a drink or three.

Would you believe my grandkids bought me one of those really small drones. At 8 and 4 they can each fly their's around the house doing flips and somersaults. The drones, not the grandkids.

I've got to beat them before I see them next. So far I can fly it into the loft. Through the hole I put in the ceiling.  

Happy birthday Dennis! :) Just think of all the free cooling you'll get this summer with those new holes in the ceiling! Heat rises, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all.

I had a great day and did one forward flip with the drone thingy.

I can also fly it straight under the couch, the TV cabinet, my hi-fi cabinet and the ottoman. That takes a special kind of skill.   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all the best Mate, sounds like it was well worth it.

let me know how many blades you have to replace before resembling something you would call proficient with that drone?  (luckily mine came with a second set)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2018-01-13 at 20:56, mta said:

all the best Mate, sounds like it was well worth it.

let me know how many blades you have to replace before resembling something you would call proficient with that drone? 

(luckily mine came with a second set)

Cheers mate, appreciated.

Spare set of blades as well. I'll probably need them as I can't be beaten by an 8 year old and a 4 year old. Can I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DennisD said:

 

Cheers mate, appreciated.

Spare set of blades as well. I'll probably need them as I can't be beaten by an 8 year old and a 4 year old. Can I?

 

You do beat them with some things, example trips around the sun :)

There comes a point in time that one just have to accept, the inevitable.

In my case being called Sir by a person two years younger than me.

(Where I am in this world people ten years older are usually called Sir/Ma'am)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers big man.  :)

@HavOc

My first twinge of being older than I felt was when a youth asked "have you got a light mister?"

Mister?? What's wrong with mate, pal, squire, friend? ;)   And that was a long time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello dennisd,

 

nice birthday for you very belated from me with long life for you and your xp-machine :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×