Piriform Community Forums
DennisD

The "Birthday" place.

Seeing as this is a community forum I thought it about time we had a proper birthday topic, but you guys will have to 'fess up and join in to make it worthwhile.

Getting happy birthday wishes from all corners of the globe I think is just the coolest thing, and something I've never taken for granted.

We do have a really old and I think defunct "How old are you?"  topic because some of us girls don't particularly want to divulge stuff like that.

So lets see if we can make a go with this and have a few global celebrations, and who can kick it off?

----------------

Oh yes, me!!    :lol:

Yep, hit another one today (1 hour left) and spent it with my son, daughter-in-law, granddaughter and new grandson at their place. A 500 mile round trip by train in one day but worth it.

My 4 year old granddaughter switched off the lights at tea time, carried my cake in, which she had made herself (with her mums help), stood on the chair next to me and sang happy birthday faultlessly on her own. Magic. She also blew the candles out. Wouldn't let me do it.   :(

Birthdays are great no matter how many or few we've had, so lets light a few candles, blow a couple of balloons up and make a fuss of a few birthdays.

If this works I'll eventually pin it so it's up to us.

:)

What a great idea DennisD lets celebrate everybody's birthday............So Happy Birthday Young Grandpa DennisD sounds like you had a spectacular day and a good reason to travel 500 miles..............FAMILY :) :)

Happy birthday Dennis :)

I'm another two weeks away, then I get my complimentary walker with tennis balls on the feet

Happy birthday Dennis :)

I'm another two weeks away, then I get my complimentary walker with tennis balls on the feet

Best kind . . . the ones with wheels are treacherous.  :lol: 

Not telling how many birthdays I've had but it averages to one a year. 

Had my b-day back in Sept 2013, had the flu seriously bad during it so I didn't enjoy it, and then I got the flu again in Oct 2013. Starting taking inexpensive over-the-counter Zinc tablets after that and haven't had one sniffle, sneeze, or cough since, and according to the news the flu is running rampant here in the U.S.

Had mine 5 weeks ago.  My daughter and wife's are also in December, always something extra cool about a December birthday, probably the extra presents for the month.

So, I am confused, do you want us to divulge our age as well ???

No worries for me, I've travelled around the Sun 48 times now (although the internal clock still feels like 33).

Looks like quite a few folk are born in January. I'm another one.

A day before Winapp2.ini.

Dennis glad you had one of your best birthdays ever with your family. You cannot beat that.

(unless it was a gold laptop or a lottery win of course)  :lol:

Thank you chaps, and the ones who forgot to actually say "Happy Birthday", as that is the point of the topic, I'll let you off this time.   :)

Nope, we don't need to know your age, and you don't have to be a regular member. Just stick a mention in this topic that it's your birthday, and we'll light a few candles and make a fuss, like this ...

Happy Birthday Dennis!!

birthday_cake004.gif     smiley_balloon015.gif

So to continue ...

A belated "Happy Birthday" hazel, I hope you had as good a day as I had ...

smiley_balloon014.gif   smilie_geb_011.gif

..and a belated "Happy Birthday" to you mta, hope it was a cracking day.

party007.gif  smiley_balloon015.gif

My belated congrats only go back so far so we'll catch you other chaps next year. Shame.   :lol:

Thank you chaps, and the ones who forgot to actually say "Happy Birthday", as that is the point of the topic, I'll let you off this time.   :)

Happy Birthday Dennis, and congratulations for making another trip around the sun. Is there any cake left...no?...looks like that's my fault for missing this thread yesterday. I've been bouncing between three different forums lately and have trouble keeping myself current on every topic. In any event, I'm glad you had the time to spend with your family and enjoyed yourself. In lieu of singing the happy birthday song in person, I'd like to share the song my friends and family sprung on me several years ago when I turned 60:

To Dennis and all the other January birthdays...

happy-birthday-green-animated-graphic.gi

Nope, we don't need to know your age

Great !, another state secret I didn't have to share... :D

Thanks again for the good wishes chaps, and a promising start to the topic.

Who's next with a birthday I wonder?  :)

My birthday is Oct. 28th. so I have 287 days left until I get more cake.

Happy belated birthday Dennis and all others this month!

Cheers!  :)

My birthday is Oct. 28th. so I have 287 days left until I get more cake.

I'm an adult, I get cake whenever I darn tootin' want, from the grocery. :DB)

I weren't born so I'll just wish all of you a well one.

Last week, and I don't eat cake.

that probably ties in with the younger avatar ;)

Looks like quite a few folk are born in January. I'm another one.

A day before Winapp2.ini.

. . .

Happy birthday, Hazelnut. 

I misread hazels's post earlier so I've sent a belated happy birthday a couple of weeks before her birthday.

Only me could do that.    :blink:

Thank you.

Better late than never login, especially to a moderator with "terminate member" buttons beneath his itchy fingertips.   :lol:

Errrr, what are some of the other choices?  E.G:

- Slap Around a Little

- Suspend

- Ban

- Terminate

- EXterminate . . .   :huh:

- Obliterate . . .   :o

Just kidding.  Happy Birthday, Dennis.