No temperature for graphic card

mrgenoux

dear Piriform,

I installed the latest release of Speccy (1.24.632 64-bit) on my Acer Aspire Timeline U M5-581TG. There is no indication of the temperature of the graphics cards (NVidia GeoForce GT 640M and Intel HD Graphics 4000).

Enclosed is a description of my profile.

Kind Regards,

Philippe

PHILIPPE-TLU.txt

I updated to Speccy v1.24.632 today; I was previously using v1.16 for more than a year.

SPECCY 1.24 DOES NOT DISPLAY ANY GPU TEMP, WHILE THE OLD VERSION I USED (v1.16) ALWAYS DID, AND ACCURATELY.

[Laptop Integrated graphics: 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M (HP)]

Speccy users since about v1.20 have been reporting that Speccy no longer reports GPU temperatures - THIS IS A LONG-TERM BUG IN SPECCY THAT PIRIFORM HAS BEEN AWARE OF, BUT HAS NOT FIXED.

Piriform should tell us what is going on - why this has taken so long for them to effectively address the issue - and how long users must wait before the problem will be solved.

Since the old version of Speccy (v1.16) did NOT suffer from this problem, it is obvious that several newer versions of Speccy have regressed to defective program code that no longer works properly to display GPU temps - something old versions of Speccy did VERY WELL FOR A LONG TIME.

By the way, I have the open-source freeware utility "Open Hardware Monitor" installed, which does just fine in displaying GPU temp (as well as each CPU core temp SEPARATELY, and hard drive temps as well), AND it displays Current, Minimum, and Maximum temps (since you last reset the temp logging memory). Open Hardware Monitor also displays Current, Minimum and Maximum CPU core loads in %, as well as motherboard bus and CPU core(s) clock speeds in MHz. It would be nice if Speccy would eventually add "Current/Min/Max" capabilities, BUT ONLY AFTER ADDRESSING THE BUG OF FAILING TO DISPLAY THE GPU TEMP !!!

It would be nice to hear from Piriform in response to these bug reports - but due to the long-term status of this bug, I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Moderators

Hi guys.

The dev team don't always respond to bug reports unless they require more information, but rest assured they do read all reports and will be looking into this one.

If a future update doesn't resolve the problem, please come back to this topic and remind them.   :)

Continuing in this topic will indicate that it isn't a new issue.

Thanks.

• Moderators

It would also immensely help to send (or attach) speccy reports and/or debug logs. Instructions for these actions should be found in the documents section of the Piriform website (see link in my signature)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com