Suggestions...

Creeker

My suggestion is, make the app standalone. It has already been suggested that one should be able to run it from an USB drive and that's exactly what is needed...IMHO. Installing it on every PC that needs to be cleaned wouldn't be necessary if that was the case. Just copy the file(s) to the HDD or run it from a USB.

What I'm basically after is a version that doesn't need to be installed.

Hope it will be taken into consideration.

Feature suggestion: to search for -- and delete -- those scattered unnecessary files which Windows or other applications create and don't remove, such as ~*.*, *.tmp, and Thumbs.db.

I know it's a tedious task to search the entire HD, but -- hey, if you don't want it, just uncheck it.

These are the files that escape CCleaner and shouldn't.

Thanks! Keep up the GREAT work!!

some suggestions suggested by one of my dear friend...

Expansion

1. create a new tab for internet browsers instead of placing them in the applications tab

2. the startup manager should allow user to add programs to startup

3. the startup manager should allow user to enable disabled items

4. the startup manager should allow user to hide/show the windows/office hotfixes

5. show gridlines for the startup manager

6. the startup manager item bar: "Programs" | "File" | "Key"

7. another tool to display the running processes

8. for the running processes, display the modules

9. a registry defragment tool in the 'tool' button

10. a registry editor tool on the 'tool' button with ability to search for registry

Cleaning

1. ability to do clean items included in the Windows Disk CleanUp

2. search for more areas in the system instead of part of it

last but not least, my friend want to thank CCleaner and the maker of CCleaner...

--==aGumon==--

• Moderators

Cleaner:

Display a list of files (in-use, or locked) that couldn't be deleted, such as those in the Temp dirs, etc.

Cleaner:

The ability to remove in-use or locked files on the next reboot.

Recognition of running programs such as web browsers, etc., and ignoring their cleaning process while they're running. Probably would need a message to state such and such program was ignored because it's resident.

i would like an option that makes it so it automatically runs when the computer is shutdown. i know i could run it before i shutdown but this is tedious and i do not think that this is as effective. as i dont have xp pro i cant do it at the mo

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

It's not "legal" to have 95b/c/d any other way, because they are "Only for use with a new computer" ;)

But um... you may want to let it go... just find and install 98... x_X

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

I love CCleaner very much. My computer shuts down so much quicker. But I wish that a feature could be added that would let us clean out the prefetch every once in awhile. Or is it there somewhere and I haven't found it yet? Keep up the good work.... :(

I would Like to see an option were you can schedule a clean up

at start up like every other day or so instead of a clean at every

start even though that is a good option I like to be able keep some

of the stuff in case I need to resort back to it like history etc, Other

then that CCleaner is a great program thanks.

I would Like to see an option were you can schedule a clean up

at start up like every other day or so instead of a clean at every

start even though that is a good option I like to be able keep some

of the stuff in case I need to resort back to it like history etc, Other

then that CCleaner is a great program thanks.

Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks

This has been said numerous times.

i dont think MrG will not do that... it have been asked many times... but it is still there...

He should though. It will reduce the size of the application somewhat. There's just no point to it being there when the X is located right there with it. It's pointless to have that exit button, especially with the removal of the Options and Tools buttons.

• Admin

V good suggestion. :)

MrG

only one suggestion for me.....

A disk space analyzer tool.....I even created a prototype on what it might look like ^^

(btw....the window contents was taken by a program called WinDirStat http://windirstat.sourceforge.net/ )

Hello,

Fantastic program

- Scheduled cleans ? example: once each monday, once each month, once each 20 boots ....

- clean all temporary files of all / selected user accounts from one administrator account

- clean deleted emails in outlook express

- clean all files on disk / folder selected matching by specified pattern: "*.old", "*.bak" etc.

(sorry for my bad english)

• Moderators
I'm one of the seven or eight people who still uses - and LIKES - Netscape.

Any chance CCleaner will learn to clean up after 8.0?  :rolleyes:

I think its supposed to. Make sure you have netscape installed in the default location and then reinstall CCleaner and see if it shows up in the applications tab.

A feature that I would like to see would be one to turn on a notifcation out of the bottom right of the screen, the ones that slide up from AIM, or norton, or a few other programs I can't think of at the moment. This notifcation would tell you how much it's deleted and give you the ability to click on it for the details. This would be useful when you click on run CCleaner from the recycle bin, or when it's run at startup.