Suggestions...

Creeker

Hey guys,

First, let me say that I really like Cleaner. Probably the best program that I have put on my computer.

Now, aside from really liking Cleaner, I would like to make a suggestion.

I just updated my Cleaner today to version 1.20.118. I liked EVERYTHING about it except for the two big boxes on the top left of the screen, "Cleaner and Issues". I think these boxes should be smaller so that the "Analysis" screen can be bigger.

Version 1.19.108 is really good, my opinion. I like how there are "Tabs", instead of "Boxes". I think in version 1.20.118, there should be two tabs, "Cleaner and Issues", just like version 1.19.108.

I'm only making this suggestion, because I want a bigger analysis screen, like in version 1.19.108.

I love Cleaner, though. No matter what, it's awesome.

I'm unable to get CCleaner.EXE /AUTO to run. It appears to run, but nothing shows in the Task Manager that it's running.

Is there any output that can be generated in a silent mode execution, to a log file of some sort?

I'm unable to get CCleaner.EXE /AUTO to run.  It appears to run, but nothing shows in the Task Manager that it's running. 

Is there any output that can be generated in a silent mode execution, to a log file of some sort?

It may be that it's running that fast.

My first suggestion for a new feature in CCleaner...

How about an option to clean Invalid Shortcuts, like EasyCleaner does.

Just trying to eradicate EasyCleaner from my computer forever, but all the while it contains features that CCleaner doesn't, I will have to keep it.

I think so, it's never messed up either of my two systems (Win98, WinXP). The only thing to avoid in it is the duplicate files finder.

I agree, duplicate files have to treated with extreme caution, so for most users they should be left alone.

I know it was mentioned earlier, but I'd like to see CC create a default location to back up registry issues before you fix them. Or at least ask you if you want to back them up to a default location with the option to change it.

Other than that, I love this little program. It keeps getting better, and it is so small and efficient.

I know it was mentioned earlier, but I'd like to see CC create a default location to back up registry issues before you fix them. Or at least ask you if you want to back them up to a default location with the option to change it. 

Other than that, I love this little program. It keeps getting better, and it is so small and efficient.

It does this already. It saves to My Documents.

WOW Great Tool!

How I can backup, my options and Cookie settings for a New Windows installation?

Please make silent install with (/S) to not create start menu shortcuts.

Love your CCleaner.. keep up the good work 

Great idea! please make a silent installation with the own backup optons.

Maybe Like "setup /s /o option.ini"

Your program is a must have for XP! It?s make ready for WIHU (Windows Installation Helper Utility)

WIHU is a free post windows installation utility for automatic software installation.

Big THX :D

I mistakedly posted a topic instead of a reply, so if you haven't seen the topic "Some New Options", than i'll say them again.

Have an option to clean Visual Basic Recent Files(If you don't know how to do that, I can tell you....not sure if it will work on Visual Basic .Net), anyway that would be good and also have the choice to clean all but the most recent System Restore points on XP(it would be great to do it from there instead of having to go into Disk Cleanup everytime you want to clean them off). Another suggestion may be to move Check For Updates Now... over into the left panel with the other buttons. Another thing that may be good to clean off is the prefetch files in "C:\Windows\Prefetch".

Something I forgot was that maybe to add the option of whether or not to search in hidden and system files.

I think these options and features would be great for CCleaner. :D

If Not, Thanks Anyway for a great program...Jobartley515 B)

AdvancedSearchbar.com has a good toolbar with RSS news feeds no spyware.

I would like to know if lots of folks are using this IE bar. (And of course, if CrapCleaner can clean-out the typed search list)

I dont know if this has been requested as an item to clean, but I've used several "safe" toolbars and this one is good. However, I also use the Googlebar and Advanced Search Bar seems to vacuum-up even the entries I send out to Google... Why is that?

Thanks

i must say gr8 tool to use, i would like to suggest few things..

1) after one may unistall any kind software, there may be a few files which may be left over and one may not know tht the are lying on their hard disks... those files shud be removed..

2)Any kind of spyware/adware/malware and all types of shyte could be removed...this will prevent to keep seperate kinds of progs for each!!

This much for now.... and now ur opinions plzz...

thank you so much for this wonderful tool

ALL THE BEST AND GOD BLESS YOU!!

In the process of using CCleaner I discovered a folder labeled ".jpi_cache". It appears to contain images obtained from various sites. These images leave a trail just as illuminating [or incriminating] as the history. The details don't indicate which program they are associated with. Is there a way to edit these images other than manually going thru the thumbnails? [/font][/size]

The only new feature I would like to see is one that installs for all users in an XP environment so I don't have to install a copy for each user.

Say what? It does install for all users. I have installed it on several Computers with 2 or more users and it work's completely fine on all accounts.

Say what? It does install for all users. I have installed it on several Computers with 2 or more users and it work's completely fine on all accounts.

I do believe that they are saying you install it once and can clean all accounts under one user such as the Administrator account.