Suggestions...

Creeker

I would like to see a portable version that i can run from my USB Flash Drive with out having to install it on a computer.

I am a computer tech and i really love this program i just work on so many computers that it a lot of time installing it on countless computers and some clients dont like you installing stuff on there computers.... this would be a great addition to my already great list of programs i run from my flash drive to work on computers.

Good program. I've only been using it for a couple of days, so I haven't built up much of a "add this/change that" list. After reading most of the prior postings, I would agree that one significant change to CCleaner would be the ability to selectively delete items found after running the Cleaner module (Analyze mood). This option does exist in the Issues module, though such an option should when dealing with the Registry.

Also, a "take along" version would be great as well. Like Narok90 stated, many of my clients are weary of programs installed on their systems, when I attempting to fix them. But there concerns are based on someone else using them improperly after I've done my job and departed. Narok90, what other flash drive programs do you use?

The Windows logfiles should be unchecked by default. Too much valuble info is lost. Very important for trying to troubleshoot a PC. For example somebody may be experiencing random strangeness, run Ccleaner and wipe the logs only to find out that the hard drive was failing. If the log files were left alone they would at least have a chance to see Bad Block errors showing up in Event Viewer.

"The Windows logfiles should be unchecked by default. Too much valuble info is lost. Very important for trying to troubleshoot a PC. For example somebody may be experiencing random strangeness, run Ccleaner and wipe the logs only to find out that the hard drive was failing. If the log files were left alone they would at least have a chance to see Bad Block errors showing up in Event Viewer."

I would have to agree with what he/she said. I use this on 100% of the computers i work on and it would be real handy to not have to uncheck this.

I use event viewer on peoples pcs daily and need the log files.

Could we have this changed to unchecked by default.

I always kind of wondered why the log files were checked by default... Let's rectify this by unchecking them by default, yeah? Also, unchecking Yahoo Toolbar by default would be nice but there's probably some dollars involved and if it helps keep CCleaner free then, OK!

On a more serious note, I think CCleaner should play the song 'Big Country' by the band of the same name. I haven't heard it in a while.

I always kind of wondered why the log files were checked by default... Let's rectify this by unchecking them by default, yeah? Also, unchecking Yahoo Toolbar by default would be nice but there's probably some dollars involved and if it helps keep CCleaner free then, OK!

On a more serious note, I think CCleaner should play the song 'Big Country' by the band of the same name. I haven't heard it in a while.

well ok then....music aside sounds like we are starting a movement

...I think CCleaner should play the song 'Big Country' by the band of the same name. I haven't heard it in a while.

Kill me now.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Kill me now.

Now...lokoike. You know that it's your favorite. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Now...lokoike. You know that it's your favorite. ;)

I believe I may have to mildly (read: strongly, forcefully, emphatically, necessarily, obviously, definitely, certainly, of coursely) disagree with you.

Of course, I suppose it could be my favorite in the sense that I love to hate it. But otherwise... no... no definitely not...

However, that suggestion did give me an idea for a new CCleaner feature:

Why not have it scour the HD for any music remotely resembling country, and secure delete it with 6^724 overwrites? And how about R & B too, while we're at it.

ding, ding!

en.....

Fully Unicode Support(not languages UI) is most important for Asian users on NT series System....

Seems that CCleaner can't recognize Unicode character(outside using codepage) in Registry.....

There is no Unicode Supported system optimization tool......

and also why CCleaner can't backup Cookies Options and Autoclean selected items when CCleaner start?........

is there any way to get ccleaner to reformat my harddrive? or if not, could it just do my dishes? it does pretty much everything else. :)

:lol: nice...I have tried to make that point on many occassions.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

is there any way to get ccleaner to reformat my harddrive?

Would be convenient, no doubt, but not possible since CCleaner is dependent on Visual Basic runtimes. :( Perhaps the ability to format a non-primary HD could be integrated into the current CC, but since the Visual Basic runtimes are required by CCleaner, removing everything on the drive that contains them would crash CC.

CC would have to be rewritten as a stand-alone utility, and be run from an external storage source (CD, Flash ROM drive, etc.) for this feature to work. Not that making CC stand-alone is a bad idea, though. I think that would be awesome!

Not to mention it would be faster, smaller, portable, easier to tweak, easier to keep track of (less files to worry about), wouldn't require any runtimes (which would make troubleshooting sooo much easier!)... the list goes on and on!

Really, the only downside of CC being rewritten in a different language would be the rewriting process itself, as that would be a lot of work for MrG.

sigh... why can't everything that is cool be easy?

ding, ding!

I'm not sure why you would want CC to format anything, since every OS can do that - unless you mean format & secure wipe, which could be nice for non-primary media.

(Have you ever noticed how much you can get back off digital camera memory cards?)

As a feature idea, how about a reg-watch and file-watch "Wizard" (hate that term, it implies long-winded, broken Windows feature...). I imagine a few steps...

1. Enter Program Name
  2. Browse for app's installed folder (if not autodetected)
  3. Browse for "Application Data" (if not autodetected)
  4. Browse registry for manufacturer's name (if not autodetected)
  5. Minimise CC
  6. Perform basic tasks (open, copy, paste, save) in app
  7. Have CC report changed Reg/file values
  8. Option to pick which identified files/reg keys to remove
  9. Option to save custom app profile

Seems less awkward than hand-editing winapp2.ini for those who don't know how. I guess there is a lot of room for error there. Maybe just have a "submit app" button, we could even have an auto-posted forum where these logs appear, for enthusiasts to pick apart and turn into winapp2.ini entries.

Also it would be nice to have CC incorporate cleaning for recent file lists stored within config files, by identifying exact strings and removing them, leaving the rest of the config intact. Can't think of any examples off hand, but I imagine there are some out there!

That winapp2.ini editing function you suggested would make things quite a bit easier, but I don't know how I feel about having it be a wizard... I reeeeeeeally don't like wizards...

I wonder if there is some clever, easy-to-use, non-wizard method of accomplishing the same thing, while at the same time making it easier than manually editing the winapp2.ini file. The only downfall I see to this is that it might substantially bulk up CCleaner (at least I imagine the wizard method would).

I'm not sure why you would want CC to format anything, since every OS can do that - unless you mean format & secure wipe, which could be nice for non-primary media.

Since CCleaner's job is data removal and cleaning, having a format tool (for non-OS HDs) would go along with the other tools built-in to CC. Yes, you can already format your disks via Windows, but you can also do everything else that CCleaner does via Windows, such as removing startup processes, uninstalling software, or cleaning out temporary files.

But, having all of those tools located together in one small utility just makes it more convenient, since you don't have to use a dozen different apps with a dozen different interfaces to accomplish a few related tasks. I can't speak for everyone else, but I personally would use the format utility if it was integrated into CCleaner.

ding, ding!

I agree with that. I'd love to get rid of MRU-Blaster too!

Just be very careful which MRUs you add.

Windows 10 (x64). Android 11. CCleaner Pro 6.02.9938.

well lets see whats coming in the next release maybe they add it. it would be great if you'd only need to run and install one app to clean up all the stuff on your computer. im hoping they add more cleaning for the registry and related things to windows since you can add programs for yourself to winapp2.ini

i also hope they make the registry cleaning much better this way i wouldnt need to run so many registry cleaning apps

i would even donate money if they'd do it :rolleyes:

You don't need a program just to clean out MRUs. AdAware gets rid of those while it's scanning for spyware. I use EasyCleaner as a backup to CCleaner, it has an MRU cleaning function - which I never bother with, since I run AdAware weekly.

ssshhh about things you dont know anything about.

first: ad-aware only finds a few mru's im pretty sure its still the same method since its release.

second:ad aware scans take TO LONG to be effecient for deleting mru's

get mrublaster from javacoolsoftware.com and compare it with your beloved adaware.

I suggest to qualify the RECURSE use also on the specific extensions (es. *.~*, *.ncb etc...)

In the ini files use the variable %appdata% instead of 'Application data' because in other Windows language this folder have another name (in italian is 'Dati applicazioni').

This happens also for the folders 'Local Settings' and 'Common files' but I dont know if for this exist a system environment variables.

thanks