Difficulty With Defraggler

Warlock

Hi Everyone,

Still struggling with defragging issue.  Have searched around and read insructions until eyes bleeding. I came upon the Exclude portion and was wondering if some good folks heavy on this could help.  I've tried to delete some unnecessary info to reduce load on the h.d. I feel if I can exclude things like a file on my desktop such as the last backup, numerous phone numbers, applications and some other junk I've saved that Defraggler wastes time while defragging which strains the h.d. and causes overheating and I have to shut down to cool.  Could someone give me simple, step by step, easy to comprehend instructions on how to use the Exclude and this perhaps would ease the burden. I don't want to mistakenly use this feature and exclude something vital.  Hope this is clear and if I'm redundant with this I apologize but this is a nagging, long term issue.  Thanks so much in advance to all.

Warlock

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

Hi warlock. 

Have you tried the built in windows defragment tool yet? 

Suggested by Hazelnut in post 16 here:  http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=39833

It doesn't have as many features as Defraggler, but for just defragmenting it does OK. 

Just start it up and let it run. 

If the computer overheats too quickly, you'll probably want to fix that issue first, before much of anything else

Edit: 

There was some discussion about cleaning in an earlier thread, here: 

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=39198

Did you get that done yet? 

It isn't too difficult, brush it out and be careful. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.