New version of CCleaner is suspect

Notification of a new version of CCleaner was received and normal update process was followed. But instead of merely downloading a new version of CCleaner a mysterious "download manager" was inadvertently installed. Also the "IB Updater Service" (no publisher shown) was also installed. I tried to remove it but was asked to provide digits shown on the screen to confirm that i am human. What is going on ??

Bewildered Bob

Hi, Bbob. 

Fwiw, this is the 3rd such post recently.   

I don't work for the Piriform, but am sure they would like to hear more about it. 

Do you think you could help out by identifying what software gave you the notification, and where the download came from that installed the unwanted stuff?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

O/T......My wife downloaded a new version of Java, she clicked on a link that was ad related officially by Google, well if you could have seen the rubbish it downloaded with it, there was loads of ads and a d/l manager and something to view Facebook with that was hard to remove, she now knows never to download anything without my say so. It took me ages to clean her computer, I never click on any adverts on pages, no matter who they are from, if I need to I will go straight to the website direct, I have already lost one hard drive, I don't intend to lose any more. 

Greetings - Len :(