CCleaner very slow (both loading and scanning)

ZeroGrowth

You proved that it's not just the new version of CCleaner that's running slow for you.

Since you weren't having any problems until around the 29th of October, I'd look at any new programs or updates to existing programs. For example, Firefox 25.0 was just released on the 29th. If your running V25.0., CCleaner could be having a problem cleaning it.

I did update to FF 25.0, but i did this after after the problem started. The only other thing has been daily updates of my Kaspersky Internet Security. Perhaps its a problem with Kaspersky, or something went screwy with my computer in general. Other applications still seem to be running fine.

• Moderators

Perhaps its a problem with Kasersky, or something went screwy with my computer in general.

Antivirus is always a bottleneck of a PC causing a speed penalty, and real-time protection antivirus software will scan everything CCleaner does such as deleting files, etc. Could just be something that your antivirus doesn't like about CCleaner, and since you have to pay to use Kaspersky maybe hint at them if they have a forum to check into compatibility issues.

One thing I learned using Panda Cloud Antivirus was to run a daily Optimised Scan ("Quick Scan"), and then after doing that it wouldn't cause me a speed penalty when opening many programs.

Antivirus is always a bottleneck of a PC causing a speed penalty, and real-time protection antivirus software will scan everything CCleaner does such as deleting files, etc. Could just be something that your antivirus doesn't like about CCleaner, and since you have to pay to use Kaspersky maybe hint at them if they have a forum to check into compatibility issues.

One thing I learned using Panda Cloud Antivirus was to run a daily Optimised Scan ("Quick Scan"), and then after doing that it wouldn't cause me a speed penalty when opening many programs.

Thanks for the advice. I've noticed over the last couple of times that I've opened Kaspersky it is a little slow to navigate, so perhaps the problem lies there.

• 7 years later...

My CCleaner is slow as well. It's hanging when it's cleaning Microsoft Edge Session, Microsoft Edge Set Aside Tabs and Microsoft Edge Saved Cards. I've got the Pro version and it's fully updated (5.82.8950).

I have the same problem on my Desktop and on my Laptop.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, rannug said:

It's hanging when it's cleaning Microsoft Edge Session, Microsoft Edge Set Aside Tabs and Microsoft Edge Saved Cards.

Hanging as in freezing? Or is it just hopelessly slow?

I know it's hopelessly slow which is why I've unchecked/unticked these under Microsoft Edge on my system months ago because it takes too long and I haven't had to put up with it once since disabling them:
* Download History
* Session
* Set Aside Tabs
* Save Form Information
* Saved Cards

1 hour ago, Andavari said:

Hanging as in freezing? Or is it just hopelessly slow?

I know it's hopelessly slow which is why I've unchecked/unticked these under Microsoft Edge on my system months ago because it takes too long and I haven't had to put up with it once since disabling them:
* Download History
* Session
* Set Aside Tabs
* Save Form Information
* Saved Cards

It's hopelessly slow.

Have you tried a restart? On all your pc' from time to time.

Since w8 and newer there is a kind of "softstart" enabled as default.

This can solve such a problem as by you. (Also by me from time to time)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"