Service Marked For Deletion

nikki605

I just installed v1.23.569 on my WinXP Pro SP3 desktop and under the graphics section I get the message, "The specified service has been marked for deletion." The graphics card is an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 6200 512MB AGP 8X. I went back to speccy v1.20.446 and it is reporting the same error.

I upgraded to this video card July 30, and I think this is the 1st time I ran Speccy since the upgrade, so I didn't realize the error was being reported.

The Speccy link in my signature for this PC will be with the previous video card which didn't have a problem with Speccy - XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB AGP 8X

Oops, that statement is wrong. That Speccy link DOES show the current video card reporting correctly with Speccy v1.22.536. The only changes to this system would be MS updates. I am running the same NVIDIA driver version - 307.83 - http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-307.83-whql-driver.html which is the latest version for this "old" product.

Any idea how I should troubleshoot this?

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)

Well, [bleep]! :angry: Read some other topics on this problem & saw the magic word... REBOOT.

With v1.20 still installed, I rebooted the PC & no more error. B)

I installed v1.23 over the top, ran Speccy & got the error. :wacko:

I rebooted, ran Speccy v1.23 & didn't get the error!?! :blink:

Never mind... apparently I don't have a problem. ^_^ [sigh]

Have a great Sunday! :)

Maybe my memory is fading, but I just don't remember having to reboot the PC after updating Speccy. Rebooting was not the 1st thing that popped into my mind, but it worked.

I have a Win7 laptop and upgrading Speccy on that machine has never required a reboot to work properly. It must just be something unusual about that older technology AGP video card and/or WinXP.

Now, if I can just remember this the next time I install a Speccy update. :unsure: