Pale Moon browser

hazelnut

• Moderators

For those of you who use this browser I thought you might like to see what the dev has to say about future builds and its direction

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3201&p=18156#p18156

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

A voice of reason seemingly in the ridiculous browser wars.

I might just go the Pale Moon route myself as 2nd browser of choice. I stayed at Firefox 20.00 (sandboxed) and intended staying there, as the myriad of updates just succeeds in eroding users confidence. Opera is still my first browser of choice, but it ended at version 12.16.

I currently have three browsers installed on my machine. First is I.E. 10, installed along with Windows 8. Pros: Versatile for accessing and playing multimedia content on the web. Cons: Probably the least secure, but not by design. If Microsoft made it easier to understand the multitude of security settings, it would be a big plus. The sliders that are used offer simplicity for the average user, but using the custom settings can be confusing and some settings could be better explained. (For instance - what is "render legacy filters"? - damned if I know!) At least some settings offer "recommended" and "not secure" as advice. And, no matter how you set the pop-up blocker, it seems to have no real effect, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Second is Pale Moon. I've only installed this recently, and haven't found the time to explore all the security settings, so all settings are the defaults. I can't offer a yea or nay on this one. Only time will tell.

Third is the Tor Browser for Windows. Pros: Anonymous in the fact it uses the Tor network. Your I.P. address is known only to the entry point of the network. Secure in the fact that history and cookies are not saved, bookmarks are placed in a hidden file, flash is not installed, javascript is installed but can be selectively disabled by the user on a site by site basis, and the HTTPS Everywhere and NoScript add-ons are already installed and enabled. And the Tor button allows you to establish a new route through the network, creating a new I.P. address for the exit point. Cons: Slow at start up, slow to change web pages, zero multimedia features. I use it to read articles on "politically oriented" websites - and I'll leave it at that. :ph34r:

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

• 3 months later...

How curious. On the downloads page I noticed a version that is specifically designed for Intel Atom processors(i.e. netbooks). Is that new, or was it there previously and I wasn't paying attention?

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields