Problems Posting?

Derek891

Has anyone besides me had problems posting recently? Last Friday night (9/27/2013) I made a lengthy post in the Software section, and when I hit the Post button, there was a very long delay. When my post finally appeared, at first I thought it was completely screwed up. Then I realized that the entire text was displayed as one continuous line, as if I had never hit the Enter key once. I had to re-edit, then repeatedly put the cursor in the proper places and hit Enter to get it all straightened out. Has anyone else had this happen?

Also, has anyone noticed the offline/online indicator showing you as being online when you're actually not? Because after I logged out during the same session, I went back to check and see if all my links were working properly, and I noticed it showed me as being online. But when I came back to the main page of the forum, I was not listed as being online at the bottom of the page.

I just thought I would mention this. If anyone else has had any similar problems, please reply.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

• Moderators

when I hit the Post button, there was a very long delay.

I've had a very long delay on here literally for years, but the admins could never find a problem on their end. I personally just think the forum software has gremlins in it that show up every now and then, such as posting difficulties.

• Moderators

I logged out and noticed the "Online" indicator still green quite recently, which I pointed out to admin, so they're aware of the oddity although no solution yet..

And I've just pointed out to them that today the indicator was "green" (Online) whilst in one part of the forum and "grey" (Offline) in another. Using Opera 12.00.

I was in and out at the same time, and didn't feel a thing.

Are the glitches still happening or have some or all cleared themselves up?

And in case it's of any significance, can you post which browser you were using at the time?

Are the glitches still happening or have some or all cleared themselves up?

And in case it's of any significance, can you post which browser you were using at the time?

In reply: I've posted several times today without incident, but they were much shorter. The browser I was using when I had the problem on Friday was I.E. 10 v10.0.9200.16688.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields