Wiping a hard drive

Canary

I don't know, but I read that the US atomic clock is based on the number of oscillations that it makes per second in a cesium atom. Let's destroy all the cesium!!! They can't have a clock without it can they? Or at least not one that's accurate!

Hey, it's a start!!!

Okay, sounds like a plan; no more cesium! And I think that traditional watches use quartz, so we might as well get rid of that too.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Your right! Even if it did make it to the sun and incinerate, they might yet make a way to go faster than the speed of light and go back in time to before it was incinerated. Crap! They might go back to the day I was sitting in front of the computer creating it!

Looks like our only option is to destroy time, which will take space with it... Or do we destroy space and that destroy's time?

Would dying be good enough if they came back in time to before your death?

Horrors!!!

I knew I never should of done it!!!

Would dying be good enough if they came back in time to before your death?

Horrors!!!

I knew I never should of done it!!!

Maybe if we got lucky, they would go back in time before we owned the hard drives, and then they would be stuck in the past, in which the technology is not sufficient to build a time machine so that they can get back into the future so that they can replot to what time they meant to go to so that they could punish us for whatever it is that happens to be on the hard drive that we are trying to hide!

Run-on sentences FTW.

ding, ding!

Maybe if we got lucky, they would go back in time before we owned the hard drives, and then they would be stuck in the past, in which the technology is not sufficient to build a time machine so that they can get back into the future so that they can replot to what time they meant to go to so that they could punish us for whatever it is that happens to be on the hard drive that we are trying to hide!

Run-on sentences FTW.

Sometimes I actually think that would be better! But then I couldn't have my friends over-seas to talk to.

And what of people that marry people from other countries? I mean, no matter what the gov says, PSST!!!

There ARE a lot of nice people in other countries. Why are we fighting wars against our own distant brothers & sisters in the family tree. We are ALL related, and if we go back far enough, we come from the same 2 people. Even if we don't, we are all humans, no race is better than another, we are all equal in love if you really love people. That is the main thing, put love first, and not religion, killing people, etc and then the world will change.

Until then, hate to tell you but killing people only makes more people get killed. I have never know a war that didn't breed an eventual (always by surprise if they are able, think pearl harbor) hey, let's get revenge. True, you might "win" for now, but those innocent people's families you kill in the process are gonna demand justice, & so we go back and forth with noone having a definite hand for more than a few years / decades.

Technology is catching up or surpassing USA in some countries as we sit, encumbered by laws of greed that take away freedoms, new discoveries that won't pollute (oil industry fighting for it's cash cow), etc.

How long before our laws regulate us back to the stone ages while a NEW super power emerges?

• Moderators

Wow, I must ask how old you are. What does any of the things in this thread have to do with other countries and war? Not to mention the fact that everything in your post is complete BS.

Pearl Harbor was caused by something the US did? Are you kidding me? A better example would be the fact that the US bomebed Hiroshima and Nagasaki as a result of pearl harbor thus ending WWII.

War is a necessary evil, thats just the way it is. Wars have been going on since the beginning of time and I dont see that changing any time soon.

*clap clap*

Owned.

Except you spelled bombed wrong ;)

Oh yeah! Well you spelled "pwned" wrong, n00blet. :D

And since we are all horribly off topic, here is a great link to Pure Pwnage. Taught me everything I know.

ding, ding!

I just read this thread today so forgive me for referring to posts that are kind of old.

Destroying time? No-one mentioned biological clocks or sundials.

The speed of light? You can ride a bicycle faster than the speed of light. How?

Destroying a hard drive? Lokoike was on the right track but didn't quite hit it on the head.

Overwrite all the data with Celine Dion songs and the person trying to read it will completely destroy it for you :D!

Destroying a hard drive? Lokoike was on the right track but didn't quite hit it on the head.

Overwrite all the data with Celine Dion songs and the person trying to read it will completely destroy it for you :D!

Beautiful. That was like poetry. The perfect solution. :D

Liked the article about stopping light, too (even though I didn't entirely understand it; still interesting :) ).

ding, ding!

Other scientists are of the opinion that it's not the speed of light being slowed but the transmission of light that is being slowed. My brain hurts.

It is not the spoon that bends; it is only yourself.

ding, ding!