New Version will not run

graesid

I have been using Speccy for some time and saw there was a new version to be installed a couple of days ago. However after downloading it I have made a number of attempts to install it and run it but each time it appears to install but immediately on opening it crashes . Throws up a crash report form then completely closes . I have downloaded a few times and tried but same result. Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can get it to run

Graesid

• Moderators

Windows version?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Please run debug mode (see troubleshooting at the documents link in my signature) uncheck everything except for the first one. See if speccy crashes. Repeat the debug mode for each segment of the list (unchecking the previous when possible). When the crash occurs post the log file(s) created in the speccy folder by the debug to this is thread, and mention the section(s) that crashed.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

I did that and did not get a crash on any of the sections .However immediately I reopened Speccy it crashed in the usual way and continued to do so on subsequent occasions.In the circumstances I have not attached the log files which were created in Speccy program .

If you need these now do I post as text or is there a way to attach files ?

Thanks for you help with this

• Moderators

We wouldn't really need the loss for non crash, but can you try debug once more with everything checked? It's odd that none of the items crashed, but I'm not a developer just a user like you.

I have run the Debug including all sections at the same time and yes after doing it once with no result the second and subsequent time I tried I it crashed . It is noticed that it is generally after closing and reopening it crashes .

There is a debug log for the time it crashed do I need to forward this . If so how do I do this I cannot see where I would put an attachment

Graesid

do I need to forward this . If so how do I do this I cannot see where I would put an attachment

Graesid

Yes, you need to send it.

I clicked the QUOTE button on the bottom right corner of your message.

This reply is being typed in the initial mode of "Reply to this topic"

and below my typing box are two butttons

"Post" on a black background, and

"More Reply Options" in greyed-out font on a paler shade of grey - THIS is the button to click.

After clicking the screen redraws and below your typing appears the option "Attach Files",

and that allows you to browse to where the debug file is stored on your system and select the file for attaching

Speccy_log1_23_56920-9-2013_14-19-25.txt.txt]

Yes, you need to send it.

I clicked the QUOTE button on the bottom right corner of your message.

This reply is being typed in the initial mode of "Reply to this topic"

and below my typing box are two butttons

"Post" on a black background, and

"More Reply Options" in greyed-out font on a paler shade of grey - THIS is the button to click.

After clicking the screen redraws and below your typing appears the option "Attach Files",

and that allows you to browse to where the debug file is stored on your system and select the file for attaching