Need help interpreting RAM frequency results from Speccy.

zara

I know my stick of RAM has an 800MHz frequency, but Speccy only lists 400 MHz. I take it it's just halving the number. So, if I have DDR3 do I multiply the MHz by 3, and 4 for DDR4? What about RDRAM? (One of my systems has some.) Is RDRAM just the number listed?

They're just not written very clearly and some of them have contradictory information, unlike crucial's FAQ on DDR. The best I've found is the reason for why RDRAM is no longer used, mainly a price fixing scheme from the DDR manufacturers in the early 2000's.

At first I started to think the MHz value is just multiplied by 2 to get the data transfer rate of RDRAM, but then in the same article they mention certain RDRAM chips don't follow that rule. Namely on, PC600 RDRAM runs at 266 MHZ, while PC800 RDRAM runs at 400MHZ.

PC800 RDRAM runs at a clock of 400 MHz and it uses a DDR-way of transporting the data. Thus the 16 bit or 2 Byte data are transported at 800 MHz, explaining the '800' in PC800. ....

if you think that PC600 stands for 300 MHz you're dead wrong. PC600 RDRAM runs at 266 MHz

Link to the article

So, what's the correct formula for calculating transfer rate? Multiplying by 2 seems accurate in some cases but not all,