Can Defraggler solve the problem of hidden files?

KeiforMB

I has some files which are outputted by CyberLink PowerDirector, now, they are lost do not by me to delete and their still occupancy the hard disk space. By Recuva, can't find this files ; By Defraggler, after ' Analyze' can find. Now, I can't to confirm this files can be restored by ' Defrag' ?

• Moderators

Hi KeiforMB, and welcome to the forum.

Have I got this right?

You have files created by "CyberLink PowerDirector" which you can't find although you haven't deleted them.

Using Recuva you can't find them, but they show up in a Defraggler scan.

If they have not been deleted, then Recuva will not find them unless you check the "Scan for non deleted files" box in "Options\Actions".

If they show up in a Defraggler scan, then under the "File List" tab, you can right click on a filename and select "Open containing folder", which will open up a window at the files location. The location is also shown in the "Path" column.

Does that help?

EDIT: How to see hidden files in Windows: (Just in case you need to know)

Edited by DennisD

• Moderators
Recuva can find and repair this files after the setting.

Mmm, is that statement or a question?

If you use that setting Recuva should find your files, but unless I'm completely misunderstanding your problem, you shouldn't need to.

If you haven't actually deleted the files, you don't need Recuva to recover the files.

It doesn't repair files, it recovers them if they've been deleted, or are on an inaccessible drive.

Lets see if we can get this situation made clear first ...

1: Did you delete the files?

2: If not deleted, can you not find them using the explanation above about right click on the files in Defragglers file list and then select "Open containing folder" or navigate to the location shown in the "path" column?

You did say in your first post that you can see them after a Defraggler analyze.

3: Do you know if they are "hidden" files.

English is obviously not your first language, but do your best to make your problem clear and start by answering those three questions and we'll take it from there.

:)