slow analysis start-up

graham Cutler

Over the last month, my defraggler has gotten slower and slower when starting up. For a good 30 seconds there was nothing in the cluster window except large text - I think it said NO DATA, or NO INFORMATION?

I then read a question in this forum from someone who had the same trouble as myself (Kcash), and saw he got no help at all with his problem.

Not wishing to waste my time, I decided I wouldn't risk asking the same question and possibly getting the same reply, so I uninstalled my Defraggler and installed a copy of the Puran Defrag instead. I should add that I still have my CCleaner and Speccy installed and think they're fantastic.

• Moderators

Hi graham, and welcome to the forum.

A few folk have noticed this "No Data" state when opening Defraggler, and I have to say I now get this myself but only momentarily, and certainly not anything like 30 seconds.

I don't have an answer for you, except that the devs do take note of these issues.

Your version of Defraggler and Windows may be helpful if you could post that, and of course one of the other guys may know something that I don't regarding this.

I then read a question in this forum from someone who had the same trouble as myself (Kcash), and saw he got no help at all with his problem.

Apparently Kcash received his first answer within 12 hours of his posting,

and you gave up waiting for further answers and installed an alternative product during the next 7 hours

If your problems are so urgent then you can pay for direct support by the developers.

I have noticed this as well on my WinXP desktop system (Speccy details for this PC are linked in my signature). I am using Defraggler version 2.15.742. I also notice a long delay after clicking the Analyze button before anything happens. Once the Analyze has completed, I normally click on the File List tab to select all the files for defragging, but there is again another long delay during which time the check box to select all files is greyed out.

On my Win7 laptop, I see the NO DATA but that is immediately replaced by the drive map as soon as I click on the Analyze button. On this system, I do NOT get the other 2 delays that I get on the WinXP desktop system. (again, Speccy details for the Win7 laptop are linked in my signature).

Win10 Pro x64 Desktop (Speccy) - Win10 Pro x64 Laptop (Speccy)