CD Burner

JohnDemolition

Blu-Ray...didn't that just get released in Japan for $2,000+? But supposedly they're able to store 6-10x as much as regular DVDs...

A standard 5.25" Blu-Ray DVD holds 54 GB; an HD-DVD holds 36 GB. HD-DVD players and media will be cheaper than Blu-Ray, but the format won't have as much potential for future upgrading; a red laser can only do so much.

I personally like Blu-Ray better, even though it will cost more initially. The Sony Playstation 3 will come with a Blu-Ray DVD drive, so whenever it comes out, that will definitely be a boost for the format's popularity. You can get HD-DVD players as an add-on to your XBox 360, but they don't come with them.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Interesting....

I've also heard a lot of controversey about the PS3 "registering" or imprinting games to that specific console, so they can't be played elsewhere... no more used games, or even playing your game in another friends PS3. I think Sony's getting a little out of hand with their anti-privacy methods... first the music-CD-registering fiasco, then this....

Yeah, Blu-Ray disks are gonna be kind of scary in that sense. I heard that if you unencrypt a BR-DVD, and then try to play it in a DVD player, it has the ability to render the player useless, so that it has to be serviced to make it work again. No more archival backups, at least for a while.

Anyway, I know this is off topic, so I will discontinue this post. It is kind of interesting though.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

I've also heard a lot of controversey about the PS3 "registering" or imprinting games to that specific console, so they can't be played elsewhere... no more used games, or even playing your game in another friends PS3. I think Sony's getting a little out of hand with their anti-privacy methods... first the music-CD-registering fiasco, then this....

if this is true... WHATS THE BIG IDEA!!!???

--==aGumon==--

• Moderators

I think the PS3 thing is just a rumor. It came up right around the rootkit thing so it was probably just something someone made up to try and get sony even more hate. If that happens that will be the one thing that could keep me from buying a PS3. Sony isn't that stupid.(I hope)