CCleaner Community Forums
rridgely

Freeware Rebooted

2 hours ago, login123 said:

I don't know how to attach it as a thumbnail so it will load faster. How does one do that with the new forum software?

I'm not sure about thumbnails, but Hazelnut pointed out to me a few weeks ago that once you have a link loaded into the editor there is an option at the bottom of the editor to 'display as link instead' rather than showing it as an image.

@login123

I do not blame you for the scare - It was entirely Burnaway's fault.

@Andavari

Congratulations on posting a message with single line spacing.

The IPB forum software inserts unwanted blank lines when I attempt to place one line immediately after another.

2 hours ago, Alan_B said:

The IPB forum software inserts unwanted blank lines when I attempt to place one line immediately after another.

The trick to single line spacing
is to press shift at the same
time as return/enter.

It's just the quirky IPB software.

Speaking of software issues, the double post just above here  is the 2nd or 3rd time I though I had deleted the contents of a post but had not. 

@login123

I deleted that double post for you.

The forum software is like a small child.. sometimes it will behave ... and sometimes it won't.

15 hours ago, nukecad said:

The trick to single line spacing
is to press shift at the same
time as return/enter.

It's just the quirky IPB software.

Yeah press shift. Quirky is putting it the nice way, however I will not be nice about it since I think of it more like undoing decades of proper typing behaviour and what people expect into something completely ass backwards.

- POPMAN  (v1.3.8)

http://www.ch-software.de/popman/

Quote from the webpage:

"What is PopMan?

- PopMan is a POP3 and IMAP4 manager. It can be used to list all e-mails received on your incoming mail server, without having to load these mails completely. Unwanted e-mails can be deleted directly from the server.
- You can use PopMan to check your e-mail accounts in the background. When new e-mails arrive, you will be notified.
- To show you whether e-mails contain useful information, or whether they are just spam, PopMan provides a preview functionality. You can use this preview pane to read the text-based content of your e-mails – whether they are plain text or HTML.
- In contrast to most e-mail programs, reading mail with PopMan is absolutely secure. There is no threat of executing dangerous code or being infected with viruses."

- I still use POP3 for my email program (Outlook Express Classic v3.0) and POPMAN gives me a user friendly software GUI to manage (e.g. read and delete) one or more emails that are stored on the server of my email service provider BEFORE I allow those emails to be downloaded. I DO hope that with the help of the program I am able to reduce the amount of spam even more.

- Yes, my email service provider has a website where I can manage (e.g. read & delete) my emails as well. But the GUI of that website is NOT user friendly, is outright horrible !!!! E.g. it's a nightmare to sort the emails on e.g. sender, subject, date received, etc. Although the POPMAN GUI is fairly minimal, it provides, in this regard, a (MUCH) better and user friendlier GUI. I have been using the program for about a week and wish I had come across the program much much earlier.