Dead 2.5 inch hard disk and spinrite?

mktsoi

If you search the Internet, or ask on other forums,

there is software that can run under Windows and rescue data from a drive, even if Windows Explorer cannot see any partitions.

Whether it will work on a drive which has hardware errors is another matter.

You need to search because I believe it is against forum policy to recommend alternatives to Piriform's products such as Recuva.

• Moderators

You need to search because I believe it is against forum policy to recommend alternatives to Piriform's products such as Recuva.

Open forum yes, but [hint] that doesn't stop you from giving him the needed info in a PM.

nah, at this point. i dont think any of those software will help me. i just want to know if i edit the partition table in Partition Editor inside Parte Magic, would this help me to make the partition to go back from RAW to NTFS so I can try to copy of my files. i anyone has any advise what i can do in order to do this.

Guest Keatah

Ehh.. Hopefully spinrite didn't damage anything from a 12 hour run in one spot. But now it says the disk *is* damaged. ok...?

I don't like the advice of SpinRite's website saying to run a disk for hours on end in one spot. This is bad marketing in the name of making a sale. This is the snake oil.

The type of errors that CAN be fixed by SpinRite are different than what is wrong with your disk. And SpinRite is made for disks of the 80's and 90's.

Everyone has to understand that SpinRite's core tech has not been updated since version 1 back in the 1980's. SpinRite has no idea what to do with today's modern drives.